• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sugar sand tango 4 + 2 issues

johngeza

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love my 2001/175 hp but the windshields rattle. anyone have a source for windshield fasteners? Also hard to start when cold, starts instantly when warm, any suggestions?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you post pictures of them? Perhaps someone will recognize them and know where to get them.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Well another SugarSand!!! Can't help with the windscreens but the cold start issue seems quite common with the carbed motors.Mine is injected so I don't have the problem but alot of guys rewirethe primer so it can be operated by pushing the key or a button.I think someone posted a how to tutorial on jetboating.net.Place is pretty dead but you could dig around and most likely find it [ hope that won,t get me banished :shamefullyembarrased: ]. It seems like they lose prime and the primer only operates when the starter engages so you wind up cranking the hell out of it.Sorry I couldn't be more help

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try 3M VHB double side 40 mil tape

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The 2 stroke mercury v6 engine needs more fuel for cold starts like most 2 stroke engines I always placed a small electric fuel pump just before the carbs but after the vacuum pump , this keeps the fuel pressure constant and primes the system just by turning on the key. I have done this with o m c engines and older 2 stroke sea doo pwc's it works great and is very inexpensive just buy a 3 to 5 pound small electric pump and connect it to a terminal on the engine that has power with the key on. you will also notice a very smooth sound to your engine when cruising as opposed to a varying pitch caused by inconsistent fuel pressure from the vacuum pump. These are very small fuel pumps so they fit just about everywhere.