• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not pressuring anyone, but if you want to have the gathering on Ouachita or Hamilton, I will contact Bradford Marine who became a Yamaha dealer in 2013 and see if they would like to provide some sort of sponsorship.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I say we all just crash over at casa de @Bruce !!!

Murray is nice but extremely low right now, so is texoma and anything west of there, ie my direction.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We'll have too look at dates...but we are interested.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We'll have too look at dates...but we are interested.
Ditto. Dates are key and for me we're probably looking at August-ish

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are making the Bimini trip June 23rd to 28th and will be on the road a few days before and a few days after that.

If a Texas or Oklahoma lake is picked we will try to join in. We enjoyed Texoma last year. Although the accommodations are better and people are friendlier here.

If the group is small enough and I get my dock in, then we could have a meal or other activity at my house. With a little luck I will have a dock by then.

DoubleTrouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dates for us would be a big deal. We have 2 really fun vacations planned already. Not sure if we could do a 3rd....

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Below are the dates that would work for me and Detonate. They are all Thursday to Sunday.

June 26 - 29
July 10 - 13
July 17 - 20
July 24 - 27
August 21 - 24

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think we should rule out Broken Bow just yet. Its centrally located between DFW, Hot Springs, and OKC. There are a large number of JB.n members in that region of the map. Could possibly get a respectable group to attend.

The water is super clean and the scenery is beautiful. There is a big lodge on the lake that has a boat ramp and many cabins for rental in the area. While it doesn't have sandy beaches, there are shallow areas where a group of boats can anchor with people standing in shallow water. I only went once, but I explored the whole lake.

I believe @PEARCE (Kaufman, TX) goes there a couple times a year so I'm hoping he can chime in with more opinions+details. There was also a member on YJB I think he was "SilverFish" or something like that. He had an RV dealership in a town near Broken Bow. Maybe @PEARCE can invite him...

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm okay with Broken Bow....our available dates are still the same. Do any of those work for you @maboat ?

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm okay with Broken Bow....our available dates are still the same. Do any of those work for you @maboat ?
I need to check with "la capitan" as she keeps the calendar ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Broken Bow works for us.

If Ouachita is selected, I would like to suggest one or more of these as lodging

This example is 68 feet long with 6 queen size bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms.

She rents for $2695 + fuel for Friday to Monday. That works out to $150 + fuel per night per bedroom.

For a couple that works out similar to land based lodging. The downside is reduced bathroom availability. The upside is that you can be on the water for the entire time.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be following this thread.

SilverFish sold his Yamaha and bought a Mastercraft I believe. I think he still got on the forum occasionally. I might have his email and will follow up with that.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SilverFish sold his Yamaha and bought a Mastercraft I believe. I think he still got on the forum occasionally. I might have his email and will follow up with that.
We only need 2 more members to hit 400! Get him on board. Yamaha ownership is not required.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Broken Bow works for us.

If Ouachita is selected, I would like to suggest one or more of these as lodging

This example is 68 feet long with 6 queen size bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms.

She rents for $2695 + fuel for Friday to Monday. That works out to $150 + fuel per night per bedroom.

For a couple that works out similar to land based lodging. The downside is reduced bathroom availability. The upside is that you can be on the water for the entire time.
Dammit, @Bruce you're not making this easy! ;)

Imagine that thing anchored for the night with 6 or more Yamaha boats rafted up all around it.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trying to entice @txav8r, It would be a floating air conditioned clubhouse and a good way to introduce the idea of a cruiser!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We only need 2 more members to hit 400! Get him on board. Yamaha ownership is not required.
I am aware that Yamaha ownership is not required. The point is that he became very inactive and may no longer have interest. However, I will contact him.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He might even get to be "lucky 400"

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have contacted him now.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Trying to entice @txav8r, It would be a floating air conditioned clubhouse and a good way to introduce the idea of a cruiser!
Way ahead of you Bruce. I already considered if a gathering is held up there, I will probably do the houseboat thing. The issue will be social hour. I will be on the lake, and not back at the resort to enjoy an adult beverage and conversation with my buds! I guess if 5 other couples were out there, I wouldn't have to come in. It still breaks up the group, and doesn't give you much privacy on the houseboat. We never did bareboat charters because it is hard to share such intimate spaces with other people for a vacation. Maybe we could suffer through it over a weekend! But I am still hoping there is a boat in my future!