• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All you have to do is not anchor in a cove. Anchor in the open where it is choppy and no one will even notice.

SilverFish will be checking us out shortly.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I need to check with "la capitan" as she keeps the calendar ;)
@maboat, can you tear yourself away from the forums for a few minutes to ask her if any of those weekends work for her?

I'll start checking Broken Bow and Lake Oauchita (how do you pronounce this??) to see if any place could accommodate a small group.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@maboat, can you tear yourself away from the forums for a few minutes to ask her if any of those weekends work for her?

I'll start checking Broken Bow and Lake Oauchita (how do you pronounce this??) to see if any place could accommodate a small group.
Wash i tah

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think Broken Bow would be good and would love to attend but probably couldn't committ to any date until a few weeks before. So choose what works for everybody else and I'll let you know

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Broken Bow on July 25th works for us. @Backwash, want to join us?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There are a good many Texas folks, @PEARCE, @farrelltravis , @Jebinok . We are going to have a tough time committing, no boat! I'm still working on her!

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are a good many Texas folks, @PEARCE, @farrelltravis , @Jebinok . We are going to have a tough time committing, no boat! I'm still working on her!
Yes, I just put everyone that had already commented on this thread. The more the merrier!

Also, here are some links that I've found to different cabin rental places.

http://www.mountaineercabins.com/
http://www.beaversbendcreativeescape.com/
http://www.hickoryhillcabins.com/
http://www.brokenbowcabinlodging.com/
https://www.myfidelio.net/webui/AvailabilitySearch.aspx?chain=OSP&property=OSBB

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@maboat, can you tear yourself away from the forums for a few minutes to ask her if any of those weekends work for her?.
La Capitan says clear sky's for that weekend...full steam ahead!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I can make that work! That just happens to be my birthday weekend.....wooo hooo

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You bet! I typically always go to some lake for my birthday, so I will just try to make it to this. I will probably bring my 5th wheel down and camp somewhere down there, so no lodging needed for me.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The weekend of July 25th should work for us. I've been trying for years to get our gathering to move to Broken Bow. We love that lake. We try to go at least once a year. We'd prefer a cabin so we could prepare simple meals and have a fridge.

Thanks for getting this thread started guys!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I doubt we go since we don't have a boat. But even if we did, I thought cabins on the water were non existent at BB?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The only lodging that is right on the lake is the Lodge. I think there are camping spots, but that's it. Cabins are scattered throughout the woods close to the lake and below the dam by the river. There is also a great number of houses that can be rented that would sleep a couple of families.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@txav8r, you're right...there is practically nothing ON the water that I've found. But there are tons of 1, 2, or 3 bedroom cabins that just a few minutes away. I think our plan will be to rent a cabin and then get an overnight slip at Beaver's Bend Marina. Like @PEARCE said, Lakeview Lodge is the only place I can find right on the water...unfortunately, they are booked up pretty much every weekend the entire summer.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have never been to Broken Bow. I only assume they have RV campgrounds. Does anyone know for sure? Anyone able to recommend a particular place for an RV campground?

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are RV campgrounds. Found this: http://www.beaversbend.com/Info.htm
And there is another place called Lake Pine Retreat Campground...they don't have a website but their number is 580-494-6464
There are 2 state parks and I think they both offer camping (RV and tent).