• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm hoping to do this as well, I'll try to find some time to research a place to stay. My wife wasn't thrilled with the pit of a cabin we got last time at Mills Creek.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
farrelltravis - Travis - 2009 SX230 - unknown accomodations at this time

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Cory, here's the link to the post I did with a lot of different cabin options.

Updated list of attendees (as of 4/2/2014):
  1. detonate & Christy (Jim and Christy) - 2005 AR230 - sharing cabin with maboat
  2. maboat (Mark and Liz) - 2006 AR230 - sharing cabin with Detonate and Christy
  3. Bruce (Bruce, wife and 2 kids) - 2007 SX230 - lodging tbd
  4. PEARCE (and family) - 2006 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park
  5. farrelltravis - (Travis and Amanda) - 2009 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 6
  6. Corey (and wife) - 2011 242 Limited - lodging tbd

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm hoping to do this as well, I'll try to find some time to research a place to stay. My wife wasn't thrilled with the pit of a cabin we got last time at Mills Creek.
@Cory generally speaking, the places around Broken Bow are nicer than those around Texoma. Most of Broken Bow is newer and built up in the last 10 years or so. Conversely, Texoma cabins have been around since the dawn of time and they look like it :confused:

If you don't want to take a chance on a cabin, there is the LakeView Lodge which is on the lake and has their own boat ramp. Its fairly nice, but I think somebody else said they might be all booked that weekend?

There are also a few 'decent' hotels in the town of Broken Bow. Places like Best Western, Microtel, etc. Nothing fancy, but generally clean and acceptable.

Last edited:

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PEARCE - I checked the dates and knew there was a reason why I didn't respond on this last night. Tracy and I will be in New York City this weekend. BUMMER! We really like this lake and the Beavers Bend area. We will try to make the next one. I would love to meet some of the fellow jet boaters on this forum.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
farrelltravis - Travis and Amanda - 2009 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 6

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi guys! I don't know any of you but my family has been looking for a place to take the boat for a few days this summer, this might be our ticket. Can anyone tell me how far away it is from Houston miles and time wise towing a boat? Also any recommendations for a place to stay prefer higher end if available(keep the wife happy and I stay happy). Are there slips to rent or do yo have to take your boat in and out each day? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for any help!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What part of Houston? What is your tow vehicle? Gas or diesel? How good are your trailer tires? Houston to Dallas is what 3.5 hours? It's close to another 3.5 from Dallas to Broken Bow. We live 40 mins SE of Dallas and it's around 3.5-4 hours. There is not an interstate hwy that takes you there. You have to take state hwys and a lot of them are 2 lane. It's takes time.

There are a lot of cabins that range from very basic to as high end as a cabin can be. The cabin that @Detonate and @maboat are sharing I would consider towards the high end. The one that we are in at the state park is pretty basic. All we need is a\c, shower, and a bed to sleep in. We go for the lake and being on the boat and not to sit around in the cabin.

If you need more info just give us a shout in a post. Hope to see you there.

Mike Rock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Without knowing where u r at, it hard to get u mileage/time. But I would take Hwy 59 north to Nacogdoches where it changes to Hwy 259, stay on that until to get to Idabel, OK and follow the signs,, it looks to be around 5.5 hours...

US-59 N 331.60 miles
5 hrs 36 mins

Est. Fuel Cost 15 mPG
$77.30

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm on Lake Houston, which is North Houston. Lets just say 59N and FM 1960 Kingwood area. Is a 3 day weekend enough time to enjoy the area? We looked at some Cabins def. Some very nice ones!! I think I have the family convinced but not for more than 3-4 days, they are spoiled and want to fly somewhere. Will update this weekend.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A 3-4 day trip is certainly enough time to enjoy the lake and area. The only thing in the area for tourist like us is the lake and state parks. There's not an area of happening night life or anything. There is a cool pizza and beer joint that's on the highway across from one of the parks called the Grateful Head. They have mostly outside seating along with live music on weekend nights. They've also got a cigar shop right next door if you're into that. Hope y'all can join us.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi @David James, it looks like you must have found the links to the cabins in the area.

There is a marina out there where you can rent an overnight slip if you don't want to pull your boat out of the water each night. It's called Beavers Bend Marina.

We hope you can join us out there...it should be fun.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@David James, how old are your kids? We had a big group of kids at Texoma last year and they all had a great time. Mine wanted to go back as soon as we left.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce, you bring up a good point...how old are everyone's kids? We didn't make it out to Texoma last year.

It's likely that we'll be bringing our 8 year old daughter with us. Actually, by then she'll be just a couple of weeks away from turning 9.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My daughter will be seven by then and my son will almost be 5.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our daughter will be 10 by then and our son is 6. They will both be with us.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My sons are (will be) 13 and 10 by July. We are having a family talk about it this weekend, Will let you know if we plan on going. My vote is yes, but i'm not Obama so i have to see what everyone else wants to do. LOL, just a little joke nobody get upset now.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Christy, what have you found out about the slips available to rent at the marina? Are they wide enough, do they have power available to plug in our chargers, and cost per night? I'm not sure that I'll use one, but it would be good to have that option.

One other thing, I called the state park about my cabin reservation and they told me I should be in cabin 2. It's in the same circle as Travis's.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am bringing my kid - myself - he will be age 30.......

Is 30 the new 40 or 20? lol

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@PEARCE, I have not called to check out the info on the slips. @maboat, do you know anything about the slips?