• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

“Saving money”

NSpradley

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am curious if anyone else out there does the same thing that I do.

So I decided to buy a Wetsounds amp and 12” sub to upgrade the sound in my 195s.

I have a great idea! Instead of buying a custom sub enclosure I will build my own and save some money!

I ended up buying a new table saw, a router and some bits, a sander, and other things because I wasn’t pleased with a half-assed box.

Over $1,000 worth of tools later, I saved some money by building my own enclosure!

On the bright side I now have those tools for future woodworking projects…

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks good, though I have to laugh at your port covering. A rabbit bit would have made the cut perfect for you.

NSpradley

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks good, though I have to laugh at your port covering. A rabbit bit would have made the cut perfect for you.
Oh I guarantee those of you that have experience could’ve made it in half the time and it would’ve looked better.

I am still pleased for my first venture into it. I can see that having a router and some jigs and templates could send me down a rabbit hole. (Pun intended)

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
So weird seeing "save money" followed by a picture of some lumber...
Nice enclosure though!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks phenomenal for a first enclosure. If you need tips anytime lmk I have built quite a few.

What is the box tuned to?

NSpradley

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks phenomenal for a first enclosure. If you need tips anytime lmk I have built quite a few.

What is the box tuned to?
38 hz. I played with it to get the best graph I could while minimizing air velocity from the port