• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

“Upgraded trailer”

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Are there any recalls on the “upgraded trailer”? I have a 2014 195 hoi and my trailer is literally rotting to pieces. The side bumpers fell off, brakes stopped working season 2, one leaf spring snapped while driving and the front wheel is on its last leg. I have had 20 year old trailers that look and function a million times better then this

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Outch, that’s not good news! Sorry to hear that. I have no experience dealing with warranty on upgraded trailer but I’m sure someone here will chime.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that also, but I am not sure what you mean by upgraded trailer, but what I understand is the Scarab trailer has a limited warranty for only one year. I have a 2015 165 HO and boat in salt water all the time (TAMPA BAY, GULF OF MEXICO), and wash not just rinse boat and trailer every time I use it and use silicone spray on trailer. The trailer is the galvanize with gator hide coating on it. It is four years old and still looks like new. Both boat and trailer. My son will not use my boat because I insist on it being washed with a wash a wax and cleaned every time it goes out. He says that I spend more time cleaning it than using it (Ha Ha). It also is covered and under cover all the time. Maintenance is key. Oh and by the way the boat has 240 HRS. on it.

Last edited:

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yea ain’t no body got time for that. I rinse and wash it every ride I have 200 hours and my trailer is holding on by a thread

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My suggestion, get a new trailer before you lose the boat.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had actually just launched the boat and as pulling out the trailer the leaf spring snapped so everyone be ware it
Click have been much worse

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I was having the same issues. I Went ahead and Replaced the Leaf Springs, Complete braking system including the front system and added Trailer Poles to the rear. Added a few more years of use before having to replace trailer completely.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a similar issue, I launched the boat after towing it 50miles and the whole axle came off the rear. I could have spent 1200 replacing brakes and everything else but instead I chose to purchase a new aluminum double axle with both axle shaving disk breaks, 4599.00 out the door. Yamaha and Shorelander should be ashamed of the trailer they provided with the boats.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let’s start with the issues from the beginning.
1. Lights never worked properly
2. Did not provide the correct tires had to replace them under warranty
3. Wheel wells were cracking and had to be replaced under warranty
4. The jack has been replaced 3 times because they did not provide a nipple to grease the jack stand
5. The Jack wheel was replaced 4 times because it just cracked under the weight of boat and trailer
6. The bow roller provided is crap and has to be replaced if you don’t want to damage your boat
7. Need I continue
Like I said shameful

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone by chance know the tire size and bolt pattern for the Scarab trailers? I need new tires before I get it out of storage.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Would you know the bolt pattern 6 on 5.5?
I don't, why new Rims? You can order Tires and have them replaced for fairly cheap. I think they charged me $15 per Wheel to Remove old tire, Install new, Mount and Balance. I purchased 2 tires online for around $125.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've just found some aluminum rims and tires for a pretty good price.