• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

08 AR230 stiff steering at higher speed???

JWatkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! I am new to this forum but have read a lot of good post on here. I have a 2008 Ar230. The steering is extremely stiff when cruising at higher speeds. Almost need 2 hands to steer when turning when I am towing a tube or etc. At low speed and when the engine is off, steering seems just fine and easy to turn. Any ideas on why it would be difficult when moving but easy when sitting still? I drove my brother-in-laws AR192 and it steers very easy at higher speeds so surely there is an issue with mine and not just me being a baby about it. Appreciate any help I can get!

The water being pushed through the jets wants to going straight out. When you turn the steering wheel it turns the jet nozzles and has resistance from the water being pushed through. The water wants to go straight but you’re making it turn left or right which = harder steering.

Back