• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1-10 how unacceptable is this?

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a black 2017 212 Ltd S and love the boat, I would but this again in a heartbeat..... EXCEPT

The graphics are super plain! Bronze and subtle silver on black, hardly even see them.

I am a black and Neon Yellow kinda guy, love Neon Yellow, always have been! Plan on Hydro Dipping the plastic engine colors.

With that said, I was thinking about pulling my OEM graphics OFF and putting OEM Yamaha Graphics from a 2015 212X which is a Neon Yellowish color. I think this would be less expensive than getting something custom made, BTW I already added the "Twin Engine" and "High Output" graphics from the 2015 on my boat, in their proper placement. It is not enough!

If I do the entire kit, Would I be a poser? ;)

Attachments

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perfectly acceptable with no poser deductions imo. Yamaha is very hit and miss in their graphic choices. The 2015 212x is one of the hits.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That could be a pretty unique look... as long as it doesn't say 212x on the side, I wouldn't call you a poser. I'd be interested to see it. I'm curious about the blackish graphics on black hull and how that might look?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Not because it's bad, a poser move, or anything like that, but because it's probably not for me. The limited S has always had a somewhat "refined" look, or a more "upscale" look to it's color schemes. This would remove a good portion of that, and might clash with the lines of the tower and subdue'd interior colors.

I could also be completely wrong and it look amazing. I don't think I would do it though.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the blue version of the 2015 212X, and while I like the graphics, compared to others, I don't think I would go through the expense of adding them to a nice clean boat. Also, weren't there hull changes from 2015 to 2017 for the 21' boats? The 2015 Graphics do line up with the contours of the hull, so they may not fit perfectly on a slightly revised hull.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Totally up to you imo. I like the yellow graphics a lot, just not sure how they will look on a black background.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only 212x is on the window sticker from what I can tell, otherwise its full poser...

I did not think about the hull changes, that might negate this.

We bought the 212 LS 100% based on options and not 'look'. White ones were available locally, we went out of our way to get the black one because the wife said white was too plain.

I just want to spice it up a little.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In reality the 212x from that year didn't have all the bells and whistles they come with now and had no connext, so your current setup with sound proofing, connext, and forward arching towers is the better boat. So worst case scenario you'd be posing as the lesser boat.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kind of like the old song. It’s your boat and you can mod if you want too.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Current look

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I’m loving your black / suede grey combo very elegant upscale scheme, I guess whatever floats your boat

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why stop at the Yamaha model graphic/decal options? Some of the graphics used on the Moomba and Axis boats are great looking.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just be careful if you do this. I updated graphix on my last boat A hurricane deck boat, I also ordered OEM hurricane Graphix from a different model year with what I THOUGHT was the same hull. A. It wasn't so things didn't line up the way they should have. B. Installing large graphics like this is an Art on a boat. I do graphic wraps on snowmobiles all the time. They have lots of angles and small parts and its a chore but I"ve gotten very very good at installing graphix...and let me tell you doing boat graphix is very much an art. Have 2 to 3 people with you at all times if you do this... do indoors with GREAT lighting, lots of blue tape and NO wind. Be prepared to take Exacto knifes to the graphics to "cut" as you bend it to the boat...and many times those cuts are made on the boat and repositioned. When I did my Hurricane from 10 feet away it looked GREAT, but up close you could see all my imperfections...if I could do it all over again...I think I would have taken the old graphics off...but left the clean look. A bad install will look 10 times worse after a year...if the graphics have any bulges, overlaps etc...they will start to wear away and not line up. Fortunately I re graphiced the Hurricane, from 10 fee and further away it looked great, it helped me sell it in fact and luckily I sold it the year I installed the graphics...to buy the new to me Yamaha. Be very very careful on install if you do this.

I don't know how the boat manufacture's get them so perfect.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good information all around, thanks everyone.

Talked to the wife last night and she says... "You want to do WHAT??!!" So I guess that is my answer!