• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8 stumble

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I love my 2013 212, the 1.8s really do a great job on this platform but I wonder whey they have this stumble.
I know its nothing bad but it seems a bit violent, Why do they do this?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It sounds like they are running out of the water. I think that sound is because in that case there's no load on the pump out of the water. Mine do that but once they are in the water they don't make that stumble.

Just a guess though

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those engines are known to have a lopey idle, seems normal to me. I had a 2015 Waverunner VXS with that engine, it always idled like that since new. A friend had a 2014 and it was the same.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My idle sounds the same.

Assumed they were trying to make it sound like its motorcycle engine cousins.