• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8 SVHO

FNJ03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all, what's the real world performance of the 1.8 SVHO over the 1.8 HO.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I would say about 70hp and close to 6-8 mph top speed.

Hope that helps,

FNJ03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes that does. How is it on fuel. Im looking to do some cruising and fishing with some tubing here and there.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes that does. How is it on fuel. Im looking to do some cruising and fishing with some tubing here and there.
We looked at the 2020 Yamaha 195s first but switched to the 212s for size and comfort, twin engines, etc. For us it wasn't about fuel costs as it's a pleasure craft and we intend to have fun with it...boats are not made to be fuel efficient likes vehicles. But for fuel consumption, the single SVHO is comparable to the twin HO. According to Boattest.com a single SVHO drinks about 10.6 gph cruising at 6k and 31 mph. Twin HO drinks about 10.45 gph cruising at 5.5k and 30 mph. For WOT performance it's 21 gph for the SVHO and 24 gph for the twin HO. So fairly close in numbers, however the SVHO requires premium fuel at a slightly higher cost. Don't worry about which one you get, focus on the boat itself and have fun!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sure the SVHO is a fun boat to ride in and will do most of want you want.

When I pulled tube I always did it with the NA 1.8 VXR as it didn't have the boost of FXSHO I owned before.
The new boats have dial and modes you can set to keep speed and acceleration at pre set.
I felt pulling tube on SC put stress on it and killed fuel economy.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can drain my 18 gallon tank in my 15 FZS svho in 1 to 2 hours running real hard.
I a ski a svho will get you to speed way quicker than a ho. Top speed slightly higher

FNJ03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya boats and fuel efficiency go together like water and electricity. Im looking at the 19 foot FSH sports but i cant
decide between the 195 or 190. The more Hp and bigger pump are nice on the 195 but Im concerned about future gas prices and being limited to only running 91. If im burring 20 to 30 gallons every weekend that can add up if prices jump. I have a 15 foot aluminum with a 25 on it that sips gas. We use it almost every sunday but we have out grown it. Its to small now for a family of 5.

FNJ03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
By 5 its me the wife and 3 kids 9 and under. Is the HO under powered in the 190 fsh?

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
By 5 its me the wife and 3 kids 9 and under. Is the HO under powered in the 190 fsh?
Its basis as your sacrifice one for other. I have NP cruising at 35 and topping at at 40+ with 4.
Two adults and a 13 and 11 year old. It goes by weight so you should be fine in terms of power.

You are now limited to space and extra people. You could carry capacity but its to go to sandbar and back kind of thing

FNJ03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya Im not looking for a rocket. Just to cruise around the bay and fish., tube here and there. Everything I see online says they cruise around 25 to 30 and top out at 40ish.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya Im not looking for a rocket. Just to cruise around the bay and fish., tube here and there. Everything I see online says they cruise around 25 to 30 and top out at 40ish.
Stick with the NA 1.8. It's finding right boat with one now.

FNJ03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya Im going with new. There not common in New England used.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your season is short I think and may get lucky one rolling into a dealer before season changes for you