• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8L Compression psi?

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi folks! I'm am checking out a boat today that I plan on buying. But after reading other members past suggestions, I want to test the engine compression readings on the boat. It's a 2012 SX240 with 55hrs. Do any of you experienced members here know what the compression psi numbers should be around? Thanks in advance!:winkingthumbsup"

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did the boat look? Were you able to get compression readings? If you bought it, be sure to post some photos.

Brandon_SC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately, I didn't get as far to check the cylinders. The broker was negligent in not mentioning the chips of Fiberglas missing along the port side, even when we requested a condition of the hill over the phone. "Minor scratches" was what we were told that would "buff out". Boy, he really has a loose definition of minor scratches. The final straw was a non working bilge. Too many red flags.
Thanks for replying, though:thumbsup:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to hear; but the nice boats are worth the search effort. Keep an eye out for any that forum members may decide to part with and feel free to ask opinions on any listings. It amazes me how much some people can tear things up in only 55 hours of use! We had the boat out yesterday and watched a guy practically grind his outboard's skeg off as he pulled it out of the water up the washboard ramp surface with the motor trimmed down. Metal on concrete...worse than fingernails on a chalkboard to me.