• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

1.8l motor cost?

Maybe unrelated but when my truck was stolen my insurer totaled it out. They paid me more than I paid for it and based the amount on what comparable trucks sold for per the CA dmv records over the previous 6 to 12 months. Boat insurance wise my annual premium increased by $200 last year to about $1,200 this year’s premium is $80 less than last year for the same coverage. I truly don’t understand how such premiums are set but suspect next year it will increase $200 and the year after drop $80 to $100.

The South typically love ad-valorem taxes vs. regular property taxes. Largely due to the low property values of trailer and stuff, they tax the vehicles & toys. When I had my 242LS, I purposely bought it because the property taxes on outboards are stupid high. In SC, they tax the boat and then the motors for outboards but not for IO type motors. I’d ask the property appraiser to clarify that they intend to tax the motors that are part of the boat. My hunch is that someone that doesn’t know Yamaha makes boats entered that into the system. I used to work for county government and know their system a little.

While the ad-valorem stinks, you only pay a max of $500 sales tax at purchase. You just get hosed if you buy new and keep it a long time. If you buy a 100k boat in some states, you pay sales tax on the full price and that ain’t fun. One way or another, the government will get their coin.

We are disputing it now. I spoke to a guy yesterday that they are saying his boat is worth 90k more than it was last year.
Scary. We have similar boats, I am near Raleigh, I think mine was valued at 38k.. My old nissan is a bit overvalued this year, but not enough to fight over. Any residential property we own got nice increase. Wake county told everyone in advance it was coming, but they usually lower the tax rate to compensate for the increased tax value. Good luck with your claim, let us know if you get any response.

Back