• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1 Ignition switch needed for 2006 AR230

DJroomba

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of my ignition switches went bad on my 06 AR230 and I ordered replacement parts months ago but they're still back ordered. I figured I'd try my luck to see if anyone on the forums has a spare lying around with a matching key they'd be willing to sell?

1629837025972.png

Here's the part on partzilla part on partzilla #F1C-U8036-02-00

Nsbbum

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was wondering if you ever got yours and if you have an extra one now? I need one for my 07 SX230.

drummerboy82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Curious if you were able to locate a replacement ignition switch for your AR or SX boat, I attempted to order a replacement back in August '21 again in Nov. '21 and more recently this month, January '22 and I'm hearing the same thing from the Yamaha dealers that they are backordered with no ETA? I get the supply chain issues, however, this is ridiculous that one can't purchase something as routine and critical as an ignition switch. In my opinion, this doesn't reflect well on Yamaha! Any suggestions or replacement options are welcome. Thank you!

Nsbbum

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never did. I have bigger problems now, water in the oil.

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought my ignition switch had gone bad as well. Turns out the entire switch was rotating. Get behind the panel and tighten the plastic nuts before purchasing a new switch.

gslooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering if you ever got yours and if you have an extra one now? I need one for my 07 SX230.
Did you find another switch?

Nsbbum

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No I haven’t.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the boat disabled due to the unavailability of the part?

Nsbbum

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can make it work but it’s very difficult.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought my ignition switch had gone bad as well. Turns out the entire switch was rotating. Get behind the panel and tighten the plastic nuts before purchasing a new switch.
I had the same issue...the whole switch was rotating in the dash just enough for it not to engage.

gslooper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue...the whole switch was rotating in the dash just enough for it not to engage.
Mine isn’t loose just internal short that finally died.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So mine was spinning behind the dash because the plastic nut that holds it or the threads are broken. I had some 3/4" steel tubing and cut a couple of small pieces to keep it from spinning. I forgot how I attached them though. I'll take a photo in the next couple of days if that is the problem for you.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, It is not acceptable that you are unable to use the boat. We need to do something about that right away.

This is the diagram of the electrical activity that the switch is causing.

Key Switch Diagram.png

So, we can solve this a few ways. One is with an aftermarket key switch for Yamaha, and just splice the wires to the connector for the current switch,

Something like this is bound to work:

--

the other option is using a Double pole switch and a push button to replace the key switch.

You can wire the double pole switch as follows:

So you add a temporary switch which allows Off and ON function, and the momentary push button simulates turning the key to the START position (stater spinning), release button to return to ON position. When ready to stop the boat, flip the switch back to the OFF side and you are running.

Don't let this one missing part keep the boat on the hard, this is a relatively simple fix, take a leap and get that boat running.

Best of Luck!

Attachments

Arig

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
My switch broke I replaced it with
Narva 64008