• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Hour Service Duration

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@TexAg16, if you are referring to Bradford Marine in Sherwood, they did my 10 hr service last year and I believe it cost me about $350 for the service. I will say they were "ok" to deal with, but they just do first come, first serve. I was told to "drop it off and we'll get to it when we can". The best customer service I had there was from the two kids that were operating the tractor towing boats back to the service area. Car dealer service departments are usually pretty good with customer service, but just charge an arm and a leg. Some boat dealer service depts charge and arm and a leg AND you don't get any customer service either. If I take my for service again, it won't be to the Sherwood Bradford location. I'll tow down to the Bradford in Hot Springs which I've heard has much better service. With that said, I'm planning to change my oil myself this season. Just buy the correct parts and materials and save your receipts for documentation in case you have a future warranty issue. It's disappointing that the Bradford Marine in Sherwood has such a bad reputation and service because it's the only dealer in the immediate Central Arkansas area.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RobbieO Don't over grease it, otherwise you will have an issue. I just shot a couple few pumps in mine at 10 hour service just on general principal.
Great advice!!!!!! I greased mine at 23 hours..........took 2 pumps Port and 3 Starboard I felt the gun handle get firm on the second pump and third pump..........so just stop.

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@TexAg16, if you are referring to Bradford Marine in Sherwood, they did my 10 hr service last year and I believe it cost me about $350 for the service. I will say they were "ok" to deal with, but they just do first come, first serve. I was told to "drop it off and we'll get to it when we can". The best customer service I had there was from the two kids that were operating the tractor towing boats back to the service area. Car dealer service departments are usually pretty good with customer service, but just charge an arm and a leg. Some boat dealer service depts charge and arm and a leg AND you don't get any customer service either. If I take my for service again, it won't be to the Sherwood Bradford location. I'll tow down to the Bradford in Hot Springs which I've heard has much better service. With that said, I'm planning to change my oil myself this season. Just buy the correct parts and materials and save your receipts for documentation in case you have a future warranty issue. It's disappointing that the Bradford Marine in Sherwood has such a bad reputation and service because it's the only dealer in the immediate Central Arkansas area.
That’s exactly who I’m referring to. I’m just gonna suck it up and take it in today since I’m about to be on a trip for a couple weeks anyways. I wish there was a dealer near Greers Ferry.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Mine was about the same as @RobbieO : $450 (I have 2 engines as well). Lots of money for a glorified oil and plug change, IMHO.
You got a deal..They only checked my plugs…so they said

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My dealer is "backed up" and has a tech leaving. They wont set-up appointments and want me to drop it off and could sit for two weeks. Rather not.

What's the most hours a boat can go without doing the 10 hour service? 20? or?

Thank you!

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My dealer is "backed up" and has a tech leaving. They wont set-up appointments and want me to drop it off and could sit for two weeks. Rather not.

Thank you!
Maximum I’ve read on this forum is 20 and that was based one someone personally calling Yamaha to ask.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Thank you!
I would check with Yamaha to make sure you keep your warranty intact. Let them know what's going on. Just change the oil or have someone else do it, and document it. That's all the 10 hr. service is really.

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got my boat back after about 10 days. Only $275 for the 10 hour service so not as bad as I expected and no issues. Going to do all the servicing for myself from here on out. For the record, I was right at 20 hours when I took it in.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check your oil level personally :)

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got my boat back after about 10 days. Only $275 for the 10 hour service so not as bad as I expected and no issues. Going to do all the servicing for myself from here on out. For the record, I was right at 20 hours when I took it in.
Glad you had a good experience! I'm going to order and oil extractor pump myself and will be changing my oil myself go-forward as well. The fact that you can't schedule and appointment for service like that drives me crazy. Car dealers have gotten about as bad though with their service departments. I scheduled an "appointment" for a basic oil change on my tow vehicle and I still had to wait about 2+ hrs when I took it in. The downtime that you can't use the boat while in for service is really the biggest reason to do it yourself, saving some extra cash there is just a bonus!

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I'll agree with the others just do it your self if you have some basic mechanic skills.

Here is what the 2021 255Xe owners manual says about the Bearing housings. I don't think I saw any capacity listed on my previous manual.
First service 10 hours. Grease capacity: 33.0-35.0 cc (1.11-1.18 oz)
Every 100 hours or 6 months Grease capacity: 6.0-8.0 cc (0.20-0.27 oz)
Seems like a lot but it's a long hose from the nipple to the housing.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The tube is for ease of access to the bearing and is always full of grease. The measurement of grease to the bearing is the critical item here as too much being added can cause damage along a with more time and money to correct that damage. Know how much grease comes out of each stroke of your grease gun and you should be good. Lots of reading is available on this topic here on the site.

ADK212XD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Did it myself. Then I know it's done right. I won't take it to them unless I have to. I have a few warranty things that I'll take it in for at the end of the season.View attachment 154667
Did you just extract the oil from the dipstick port only or did you use any other ports?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem with the hose is, eventually you are pushing older grease into the bearing and it isn't too exact. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC posted, I believe, the best way to do it with taking off the zerk/fitting and using dental syringes to add gear lube. This also doesn't pressurize the seals. There is a post here somewhere. I tend to go with what someone whom as 1000's and 1000's of hours on these engines and gets 700+ hours on bearings, recommends.

Sooner or later someone either doesn't put enough or puts too much in and the bearing seal is shot. None the less. The length of the hose has no bearing on how much grease you are putting in.

Everyone needs to do what they feel most comfortable with.