• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Hour Service

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So the gist is to do it around 20 hours? I just passed 10 this weekend and my next use will be a multi-day trip for the 4th of July. I just want to make sure I don’t have anything catastrophic happen between the 10-20 hour point. Also can anyone comment on the cost for the “10 hour” maintenance at a dealer?

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you are getting started around the same time I started last season. 10 hours is a recommendation. Dealer told me just to bring it in before 25-30 or so. This worked out for us due to the backlog appointments for service last summer here in SoCal. I was right at 21hrs or so about 1mo after purchase. Did a 4 day trip out at Newport and then dropped off at dealer on the way home at about 27.5.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I Wouldn't go by what the dealer indicated for 25-30 hours, that is way to long, imho. There are metal particles and shavings flowing around your engine as it breaks in. I would recommend 10-15 hrs max. Most prefer to do it around 10 hrs.

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I Wouldn't go by what the dealer indicated for 25-30 hours, that is way to long, imho. There are metal particles and shavings flowing around your engine as it breaks in. I would recommend 10-15 hrs max. Most prefer to do it around 10 hrs.
Mixed feelings based on a previous post that mentioned what they were told directly from Yamaha…yet the manual still says 10 hours. I’m leaning more toward the “better safe than sorry” logic and I find it hard to believe that something would not come loose up to 10 hours but somehow come loose between 10 and 25…

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My dealer told me 20. They said “Super Chargers 10”. all my alarms are going off at 10. Manual said 10. I have 7 year warranty on my engines so I told my dealer I don’t want to scrap with Yamaha on details so I’m bringing it in. It will be 15 by the time I get it there but I have their 20 in writing. Just doing it this week so I caught on to this post.

it’s always been my experience in my businesses that whomever has the best paperwork, wins.

So just cover your ass. An exact 10 is hard to hit and service especially because everyone is so busy.

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My dealer told me 20. They said “Super Chargers 10”. all my alarms are going off at 10. Manual said 10. I have 7 year warranty on my engines so I told my dealer I don’t want to scrap with Yamaha on details so I’m bringing it in. It will be 15 by the time I get it there but I have their 20 in writing. Just doing it this week so I caught on to this post.

it’s always been my experience in my businesses that whomever has the best paperwork, wins.

So just cover your ass. An exact 10 is hard to hit and service especially because everyone is so busy.
Good point. I didn’t purchase the extended warranty which gives me even more incentive to stick to the manual and catch stuff as early as possible.

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length