• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 month wait but my 2022 AR195 is here

Willabeast240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a deposit down on a 2021 model earlier this year but like many others my order was cut. The dealership put me down for a 2022 which I was ok with. I had to drive about 3 hours to pick it up but it was totally worth it. The dealership was fantastic to deal with and even overnighted the paperwork for my wife to sign. Being 9 months pregnant she wasn't thrilled with the idea of such a long drive. Boat was in perfect condition and the dealership even tossed in a mooring cover & safety equipment to get us up and running.

We took it out the very next day and had a blast on the water with the family and grandparents. The launch went great but docking was a whole different story. I had this thing sideways at the docks and nearly had my first docking scar. Luckily my FIL prevented the ding and we got it back on the trailer. Second trip out with friends went much better. I ALMOST forgot the drain plugs but luckily my wife has been listening to my youtube videos that repeat "Don't forget your drain plug" over and over. :D

A couple questions I had:
  1. Break-in was done and we have about 6 hours of runtime on the engine. Should I perform the 10 hour service now? We're done with it for the season and it'll be stored in a heated garage.
  2. I didn't see a specific procedure for winterizing the boat in the owner's manual. Anyone have a procedure they prefer?
  3. Do you guys disconnect the trailer electrical when launching/retrieving the boat?
  4. Dock lines and fenders get wet during use. Do you guys leave them in the ski locker or take them out after the day and air dry them?
  5. Should I flush the engine out with fresh water after every use? It's a fresh water only boat for us.

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

It even fits in the garage! I had to remove the bimini top to clear the 7' door but not a big deal.
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's that yellow thing under that cover in the garage? 👀🔎

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was ready to guess a 300z and you posted damn.
Nice ride

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
U don't have to take the Bimini off if you mess with your tower cables. There is a thread about it on here with a lot of info. Also replace that junk bow roller before it causes more damage than it probably already has with a stoltz 3.5 inch

Willabeast240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I plan on extending the tower cables. I was in a pinch and need to get it in the garage for the winter but I'll do that mod this winter. That damn bow roller has done a good bit of damage already... it'll be replaced soon as well. Crazy that they still use those cheap plastic pieces when a good affordable replacement is available.