• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 terminal rocker switch wiring diagram for reversible pump

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's a wiring diagram for a 10 terminal rocker switch used with a reversible pump for ballast wiring. I'm not sure many people are using these, but if you need an on-off-on switch with something other than red lighting, a 10 terminal switch (Carling VJD2) is really your only option. I scoured the internet for a diagram and they're prevalent for the common 7 terminal, but none are available for the 10, that I could find. So I had to figure it out for myself, but thought I'd make a nice diagram so that maybe someone else can save some time.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Small note: you have a 25A spec'd in your drawing. That should exceed the draw from your pump by at least a bit, and should also match the wiring sizing for the length of run. If your pump has a 10A draw and your wiring is designed for 10A, probably a 15A would be more appropriate, for example. Similarly, if your pump drew 30A (which would be pretty darn big, I admit) and wiring to match, I would probably do a 35A.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I installed Jabsco Ballast King pumps. They pull 19A and spec a 25A fuse. Wiring is 12ga.