• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is Awesome!!!!
I sold my square nose superjet after I bought the boat.
I would like to buy another standup someday, kinda miss it.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How bad is the learning curve from standard ski's to a stand up?

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! I've owned 10 skis over the years and the most I've ever owned at once was 4! But I was also single so that was 4 skis just for me haha. I use to rotate them on a double trailer and sometimes throw one in the back of my truck. My favorite skis in order were my 97 round nose SJ, my 94 blaster, and then my 03 SXR.

Sit to pee stand to ski!!!

The learning curve is part of the fun. It's a blast to learn. It's not like you're learning a foreign language. It's actually fun learning how to stand up. After a few tries someone with decent balance (shorter and lighter is always better) will get the hang of it. After a couple of weekends you'll be having so much fun you'll be looking at all the sit down riders and laughing when they think a doughnut or splashing their friends is bad ass.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You really are a stand up nut, very envious.

I had to very reluctantly sell my SJ last year due to old bones :(, it was set up for freestyle and I just got to barrel roll while in the tray, but never got to a fully stand up and complete one.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice Collection of Ski's you have there.

One tip that I used to tell guys learning was to make sure they pulled themselves up high enough before starting so that the jet wouldn't hit them right in the NUTS. :punch: