• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

11 242 limited s

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
just placed an offer on a 11 for 32k 70 hours / salt water used. Has all device record. Interior mint , exterior has some scratching , oxidation, one reverse shift needs replacing and some small stuff. He countered at 35. Thoughts on this. It's almost end of season here. The big plus is boats local. Has cockpit covers, bow, galvanized trailer and old cobra fins. That's about it.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
was it stored in a wet slip in salt water or on trailer? Jet boats don't like to be stored in salt water. Check the pumps for pitting and any chips or cracks.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No it was stored on a lift

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The maintenance issues would concern me. If he has not replaced a reverse bucket or cable then what else could he have let slip. I would rather buy from someone who takes care of their boat.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$35k is a fair price for a really nice boat. I agree with @Bruce the small things lead to big things. For reference, there are a couple similar LS's in the Classifieds forum here to look at. @veedubtek has a mint LS with really nice upgrades for around $40k.

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is a fair condition boat. Some heavy oxidation on bow black, some things weren't working correctly. It was service annually by a dealer but boat was used in south jersey as a weekend boat. I offered what I felt it was worth. For 35k there are others. Looking at a fresh water 12 with 80 hours for 36 still under warranty to not October.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, for $35k I've seen guys get nearly new boats. Shop on!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess you should ask if they flushed it with fresh water after each use also.