• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

12-14V across batteries, but system reads low

Brian McIver

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. This is the 4th season on the original batteries and they’re still going strong. Like you, we did just under 6 hours this weekend and didn’t kill it but it did show in the low 11 volt range (that probably qualifies as killing it, but it was still going). The only problem I‘ve had was one time last year the house battery got low like that and we got some weird electrical problems with the engines running. They wouldn’t go over 1000 rpm and a lot of warnings on the screen. We idled for a few minutes, cycled the switches and the voltage came up just enough for everything to work. Having an AGM just may give me that extra capacity. Even then, I’m considering adding a third battery for the stereo alone that ties to either the house or starting battery. Most likely though it will be a project for next year. Once again, thanks.