• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low Volts after running audio in parallel

Takisbak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After reading a lot I’m now realizing I probably shouldn’t run my new wet sounds sound system with the batteries in parallel, just checking with you guys to make sure that is my issue. I got a low volts warning and my port motor went “limp mode” I would call it after my batteries showed 7 volts. I wasn’t running the sound for very long maybe 45 minutes at 30% and if I had it cranked up to 80-100% boat was on for 95% of it. What should I do? Get new batteries or hook them up to a charger and see if they are still good? 7volts or amps seemed very low for them to be fine long term.
currently running two amps, 6 interior speakers 1 10 inch sub and 2 10inch towers.
Any advice would be great!

Takisbak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat is a 2023 AR220

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like bad batteries. Have u put a volt meter on ur battery to verify ur boat is reading the volts correctly.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After reading a lot I’m now realizing I probably shouldn’t run my new wet sounds sound system with the batteries in parallel, just checking with you guys to make sure that is my issue. I got a low volts warning and my port motor went “limp mode” I would call it after my batteries showed 7 volts. I wasn’t running the sound for very long maybe 45 minutes at 30% and if I had it cranked up to 80-100% boat was on for 95% of it. What should I do? Get new batteries or hook them up to a charger and see if they are still good? 7volts or amps seemed very low for them to be fine long term.
currently running two amps, 6 interior speakers 1 10 inch sub and 2 10inch towers.
Any advice would be great!
First, the paralleling knob is for emergency use only, it says so right on the knob, the BEP battery switch DVSR is designed to isolate your start battery and charge it first so the engines will always start.

Second, Im assuming you do not have an on board charger that you plug in after each outing? The charging systems in our boats don‘t produce a lot of charging power, so absolutely must charge your batteries after each outing, and leave the charger plugged in when not using the boat, the modern smart chargers automatic chargers will charge your batteries and then go into a maintenance mode to keep the batteries fully charged without over charging them. You need at least a two bank charger with 10 Amps per bank of charging power. Further, it is a good idea to re configure your DVSR to the storage mode so that when you turn the battery switches off the DVSR is not active so that your batteries charge independently, otherwise the DVSR will close as it sees “charging“ voltage. We can help you with this, it’s a very simple process.

You can read about the operation of the DVSR here;

Lead acid batteries should not be discharged below 11 volts. Your batteries might be salvageable if you charge them fully, but if you drew them down to 7 volts and then left them sit they’re probably ruined.

I’m curious, did the boat start with the paralleled batteries at 7 volts?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length