• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Additional Bilge pump

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Another thing I had wanted for some time was additional bilge pump. I had thought about the best place to mount it, next to the oem one would be convenient, but lower in the bilge would be better.

My friend suggested a simple mount that would be easy to put in and easy to remove for service. As it turns out when I tested this set up the two bilge pumps came on at the same time. The mount material is expanded pvc board.

8DC0B603-8713-40F0-B1C6-39395C3782A8.jpeg

I meant to remove the duck bill back flow preventer but forgot, I’ll be cutting that out before the next outing. The oem bilge pump did not have a back flow preventer and I’m assuming that is so that the outlet hose will drain down without effort.

F5609587-88E2-4B2E-B8D8-12A174CB9283.jpeg

F5BEA5FC-CC06-4B1C-8447-C8E09ED4E887.jpeg

The piece of foam is there to hold the whole set up upright and centered in the V of the hull. Originally I was going to run the outlet through the lower clean out tray drain, however I could not find a check valve that offered little to no resistance, so I installed faux thru hulls or blanks to block off both sides of the clean out tray drain-red arrow.

I ended up putting another 3/4” thru hull opposite the pilot outlets for the new bilge pumps outlet.

7FC310B7-830C-4567-9E88-315304E17A56.jpeg

Nice to have a redundant bilge pump and the extra capacity. While I was testing the two bilge pumps with the garden hose and once the pumps came on they were staying ahead of the garden hose.

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Another thing I had wanted for some time was additional bilge pump. I had thought about the best place to mount it, next to the oem one would be convenient, but lower in the bilge would be better.

My friend suggested a simple mount that would be easy to put in and easy to remove for service. As it turns out when I tested this set up the two bilge pumps came on at the same time. The mount material is expanded pvc board.

View attachment 175408

I meant to remove the duck bill back flow preventer but forgot, I’ll be cutting that out before the next outing. The oem bilge pump did not have a back flow preventer and I’m assuming that is so that the outlet hose will drain down without effort.

View attachment 175409

View attachment 175411

The piece of foam is there to hold the whole set up upright and centered in the V of the hull. Originally I was going to run the outlet through the lower clean out tray drain, however I could not find a check valve that offered little to no resistance, so I installed faux thru hulls or blanks to block off both sides of the clean out tray drain-red arrow.

I ended up putting another 3/4” thru hull opposite the pilot outlets for the new bilge pumps outlet.

View attachment 175417

Nice to have a redundant bilge pump and the extra capacity. While I was testing the two bilge pumps with the garden hose and once the pumps came on they were staying ahead of the garden hose.
I just bought some of the series 148 hose myself to change out the swim platform drain fittings to stainless steel. I ended up using 3/4 ID hose and fittings. I will install a check valve as well. I will have to enlarge the holes in the hull about 1/16” or so.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport
What size bilge pump did you use?
I put in an 850, it is the largest that still uses a 3/4” discharge line.

Be sure to remove the duck bill back flow preventer so that it drains down like the oem one does. i forgot to remove mine and ended up with a slug of ice in there.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport Did you add the thru hull to the right side of the pissers because the panel on the front side of the Livewell prevent putting on the Left of the bilge pump outlet?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport Did you add the thru hull to the right side of the pissers because the panel on the front side of the Livewell prevent putting on the Left of the bilge pump outlet?
Im pretty sure that was the reason why, and the fact It’s a difficult place to work in. I’ll take a look today and write back if there is room to put the additional thru hull to the left. Seems to me then and now that it was esthetically pleasing to put it there too.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im pretty sure that was the reason why, and the fact It’s a difficult place to work in. I’ll take a look today and write back if there is room to put the additional thru hull to the left. Seems to me then and now that it was esthetically pleasing to put it there too.
Thanks, I checked that area this weekend and it looks like putting on the left would be right at that divider panel that doesnt want to come out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks, I checked that area this weekend and it looks like putting on the left would be right at that divider panel that doesnt want to come out.
I think the only way to get that panel out is to remove the long panel on the inside of the engine bay. That panelhas a long riser that goes up into the gunnel, and that would be a bear to do. I think that’s how you gain full access to the live well.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did a little clean up today in preparation for mounting a much larger intake strainer for the raw water wash down system which will mount to the starboard engine bay bulkhead.

How the Aux bilge discharge line an oil cooler discharge lines looked when I started today.
A73256C2-5809-445B-BB38-63EDFF7CC095.jpeg

Tie wrap / cable tie mounts installed.
919A377B-2E18-42E2-9DA6-9D046E093580.jpeg

Aux bilge line secured.

3BD979FD-4471-4F99-8693-C35C8F4B0822.jpeg

Engine oil cooler discharge lines secured.

67EC29E3-6E87-4729-B825-6ECD7C9C7FD7.jpeg

That really opened up a big space to mount the strainer to.

MattW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I put extra bilge pump in lower bilge, right at the drain. On the FSH 210 there is a deep vee in between the motors and the drain is in that vee.
There are four bolts in that location. I cut a piece of 1/2 inch treated plywood about 3"x9", drilled a 1" hole in the center for the pump, drilled two 3/8" holes to match bolts already there, and I used wing nuts ( all metric) to attach plywood. I used live well pump because the extra length on bottom part
reached down into vee. I put 3/4" thru-hull drain right above rear pull up handle so it is well above the water line. it only takes about 18" of 3/4" line to attach pump to drain. Pump is as far back as I could get it. I wired it to auxiliary switch on the dash. About 10 ' of wire.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put extra bilge pump in lower bilge, right at the drain. On the FSH 210 there is a deep vee in between the motors and the drain is in that vee.
There are four bolts in that location. I cut a piece of 1/2 inch treated plywood about 3"x9", drilled a 1" hole in the center for the pump, drilled two 3/8" holes to match bolts already there, and I used wing nuts ( all metric) to attach plywood. I used live well pump because the extra length on bottom part
reached down into vee. I put 3/4" thru-hull drain right above rear pull up handle so it is well above the water line. it only takes about 18" of 3/4" line to attach pump to drain. Pump is as far back as I could get it. I wired it to auxiliary switch on the dash. About 10 ' of wire.
Sounds like a nice install! How far above the bottom of the V is the pick up? Have you tested it? How about some pics?

MattW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The pick up is about 1 1/2"- 2" above bottom, it works great, shoots water out back,( I put 800 GPH tsunami pump). I didn't put float switch on it, I kept it manual because factory bilge is still there. I put it for the purpose of getting water out of bilge on the go. When you take off, all water in bilge will go to back and pump will shoot it out thru-hull drain. To make the install easy, I removed the back cover plate, plenty of room to get in there, besides, I had to remove it anyway to fix my leaky live well. While I was in there, I put drain tubes on all the rod holders and cup holders and plumbed them to bottom of bilge to keep water out of battery compartment and engine bay. I will try and send some pictures at a later date.

MattW

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
What you see is a 500 GPH pump in the mock up. I used an 800 GPH pump because the pickup is longer, it goes deeper in the V. the picture of the bottom of the boat shows where the bolts you attach the platform come from.