• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

14 AR210 condensation in gauges and not working

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like trip from hell so far... slipped on the ramp tore open my shoe and through part of my heel, lost a bearing buddy and now we’re out on the water today and noticed condensation in both my gauges and neither are functioning. It also comes along with a low pitch squeal/beep.

Searched a bunch of threads and it seems condensation is a known issue. Starting the process of chasing wiring and fuses but reaching out incase someone has seen this or has something else I can look at.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn’t seem to be power related. As far as I can tell the previous owner tied the perfect pass power into the back of the port side tachometer. Perfect Pass still works and has power, just nothing but backlights on either tachometer.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Supposedly if you leave the backlights on it burns off the condensation in the gauges. Or you can just wait for a stretch of warm days to burn it out of there. The last one worked for me.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The service manager told me the same thing about using back light. Only happened on the multi-function display and not the tach. Figures!

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Condensation cleared on both of them during the day and came back over night. Neither of them function still. Took them out, the port tach basically came apart in my hands. Found the circuit board in not great shape and the back full of water. Guessing they are probably dead

Attachments

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wow! Not good. I tried back light but had no effect on condensation. Did you get a quote on the gauges? or maybe there’s a better aftermarket one available. I’ll be looking myself as I know it’s a matter of time.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Service manager seemed to think source of condensation is moisture under the helm or under seats, that was 3 years ago. Since then I am conscious of what I place under seats, etc.. even dock lines I will take home and dry rather than leave under seats wet. I could never feel dampness so is a mystery

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I definitely had dampness under the right bow under seat carpet a couple days before the gauge condensation. But then the temp dropped from 90 to 55 as well.

303’d the cover again after that anyways.

It may be worth a try to drop the gauges in a bag of rice in the sun and let them sit like people used to do with phones that fell in the lake.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah I was thinking along the same line. I was going to add that small material they add to underwater lenses so they don’t condensate. I have some that came with my GoPro accessories.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Not good. I tried back light but had no effect on condensation. Did you get a quote on the gauges? or maybe there’s a better aftermarket one available. I’ll be looking myself as I know it’s a matter of time.
i found some online. About 1500 for the set, 1200 for port and 300 for starboard. I read a lot of functions happen through the port, hence the cost, I’ll start with that and see if it brings it back to life

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I had the multifunction cluster go out on my 2006 Kawasaki jet sk. it was a week after I bought it used in 2015 At a dealership. It was $900 On babbit’s. They had repaired it and i was charged their cost for the part, $750. couldn't avoid not replacing it. In that case I think it was the lifespan of the part as it was lcd display. good news is it seems like they are all plug and play and easy enough to replace yourself.