• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

14 yamaha 242

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So we were on the lake, moved about 14 feet from the dock. parked hung out for a few hours. then decided to start wake skating. We no waked over to outside of the no wake zone. When the kid was ready, slowly started moving the throttles and there was a massive loud vibration coming from the back. I stopped, turned the engines off, tried again. same thing. looked at the engines, all looked good, no water...finally i pulled the cleanouts... nothing in there , just a bit of water on top of them, put them back in and everything was good to go for the rest of the day. Anyone else ever experience this?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, pulling up the plugs creates suction and pulls up a bit of water, which is then all dropped quickly. Basically you have a little back and forth of the water. If there was something on your intake grate, even just that may have loosened it. But I agree, it is most likely your plugs were not seated properly...

Either way, chalk it up to a quick fix and boat on!