• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ROTFLMMFAO

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that battery assid? ;)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
50mpg in your daily driver buys a boat load of lake gas!!!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a vtwin Aprilia that should get 40+ mpg. But the roll on torque is so freakin awesome and wheelies are so intoxicating - I only seam to manage 26 mpg.
Oh well!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Occasionally I get cut off by a Prius, even got the finger from one guy cause I drive a diesel pickup.....One of my secret thrills is get in front of them, then smoke the holy hell out of them..... It does my soul good......:devilhorns:

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just back after my visit to Florida, and we only needed to rent a medium compact car. Hertz gave us a Prius, so thought "hey, why not, give it a go"

Do people actually hand over hard earned cash to own one of these??? :confused:. It was appalling, in every way.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Occasionally I get cut off by a Prius, even got the finger from one guy cause I drive a diesel pickup.....One of my secret thrills is get in front of them, then smoke the holy hell out of them..... It does my soul good......:devilhorns:
Ohhhh yeah..... hose that hippy DOWN with the black smoke treatment!

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm re-reading this thread... I love ripping on Prius p*ssies. Ugh, it makes me sick...

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the costs of fuel & ownership are less than buying a 37 Mpg Hwy Corolla vs a 48 Mpg Hwy Prius, there is a 12K to 14K price difference. I have never bought into buying something that is more expensive to save money when you really are not saving money with a higher purchase price.
Too true. When we bought our Prius the other car we were considering was a Civic (non-hybrid) for about $5,000 less. The math didn't work out as far as gas savings but we bought the Prius anyway because we liked it more than the Civic. However in the long run the Prius turned out to be a better financial deal.

I based my pro-Civic calculations on our family driving the Prius 60% of the time and our Honda Odyssey (averaging about 18mpg) the other 40% of the time. I figured the payback in gas savings at $4/gallon (In CA we see near or over $4 much of the time) would take 8 years to equal the $5,000 extra Prius cost over the Civic. But two things happened. We got such great mileage (we average 47mpg) on the Prius we cut way back on driving the Odyssey. Then the next year we sold the Odyssey and bought the 4Runner to tow the boat (average 14mpg). In fact we made up the $5,000 in just five years. Now we've had the Prius for six years and it only has 120K miles on it. I figure every year from now on adds to the gas savings and makes the Prius purchase an even better deal.

The next big cost factor will be the hybrid battery at some point. But they have proved to last way longer than anybody expected. A few have seen them kick out about 160K miles but many are getting over 200K miles out of them. Also, rather than paying $1,650 for a new battery, many are replacing cells for under $50 each.

The Prius is a great car and we really like it still. We have had zero problems with it. Not so much as a loose screw.