• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

15 inch rim and tire conversion

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
15 inch aluminum rim and ST225/75R15 tire conversion. Easy bolt on mod. Looks good and rides great! Before and after pictures. I will post a picture of all the tires changed out when I remember to take a picture of everything completed. lolIMG_1239.jpgIMG_1241.jpg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks awesome!

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you give me some details on where you purchased those rims? I have a 212X so I assume we have the same trailer and those rims should fit mine. Thanks.

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I got them online from trailerwheels.com
Talk to rich. He was a great help. Very happy with the setup.

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got around to a completed shot of the rims and tires. Stolz roller installed. Winch post moved aft a bit. Fulton XLT Sharkskin trailer jack on the way. Keelguard and seadek to go. Then we are ready for the season.IMG_1270.jpg

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks Great!

I swapped out the stock wheels on my trailer last year but stayed with the stock 14" size. I also installed Goodyear Endurance Radials on the new rims. I liked these tires as they are load range D over the stock C. I also ordered my wheels online and they were about $75 each. I then sold all 5 of the stock wheels and tires locally on CraigsList for $300. Since I was upgrading to radial tires regardless, by the time I was done with the wheel upgrade and selling the originals, it only cost me the price of one wheel to upgrade all.

My recommendation is upgrade those wheels...you will only like the overall look. Here's a picture of my rig on the day I picked her up last summer:IMG_4182.jpg

Brad Meeuwse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
those rims are nice! a bit less "busy" than mine. mine aren't bad, but im borderline of them being a bit too busy. definitely better than the stock rims though! :woot:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed...those stock rims are **yawn**.

Funny thing is I took my stock rims off with less than 10 miles on the trailer. There were NO weights on them and there was already rust on those stock wheels.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed...those stock rims are **yawn**.

Funny thing is I took my stock rims off with less than 10 miles on the trailer. There were NO weights on them and there was already rust on those stock wheels.
Same thing here. Took off within first week to upgrade, and the chrome plastic coating was chipping off and there were rust spots everywhere.