• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that Dan. Is there just one battery?
The Mercedes has two. One is the starter and the other an AGM, located in the rear and it supplies all the electronics. I keep a maintainer on that one if it will be sitting for a while.
Is there an upgraded battery available?
My wife's Volvo has a small dedicated alarm module battery and a huge battery in the trunk.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes that is plenty. I have an on board NOCO Mini 4 on my Pontiac G8 (20k miles in 5 years) which is simply overkill. Once it is topped off or even minimally discharged the Battery tender works fine. It won't bring a battery back to life from flat zero though. Wish I had seen some of the prices for ChargerGuy.com before I bought it though! :) Seems like great deals.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
reach out to @ChargerGuy , appears we have a battery charger guru amongst us now...

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do the G8's like to drain batteries as well or does yours sit for long periods beyond a few weeks?
A little of both I think. I had the battery low enough a few times to trigger the battery saver and it was only sitting maybe a week or two at that point. Now the entire winter its on the charger and in the Spring between rain showers I'll plug it in every once in a while. I don't bother when I drive it every few days.

Again, my hunch is that as long as you have it on the tender, you will be fine. If it runs down, you'll need a regular charger to bring it back, then the tender to keep it topped off.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wish I was a bit closer to Az Dan. I'd be more than happy to help keep that battery charged up. :cool:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Mercedes has two. One is the starter and the other an AGM, located in the rear and it supplies all the electronics.
My Mercedes was the same way. That "electronics" battery kept dying because the "auto cabin cool" ran so much in this Texas heat. Mercedes replaced them for free, but what a HASSLE waiting for them to do that while sipping free Frappe-Mocha-Chino-Latte's with my free massage in the customer lounge. :pompus:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Mercedes was the same way. That "electronics" battery kept dying because the "auto cabin cool" ran so much in this Texas heat. Mercedes replaced them for free, but what a HASSLE waiting for them to do that while sipping free Frappe-Mocha-Chino-Latte's with my free massage in the customer lounge. :pompus:
Baller

I get a bottle of water, hot from La- Car, whilst I scratch my own ass waiting at the carwash.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What a great guy you are, wish you lived closer also, to have someone to take my Z06 out for gentle strolls to keep the battery charged would be cool :cool:
You had me at Z06 Dan, then you had to send a picture of that beauty. Awesome car and color.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice car, but I'm diggin' that roomy garage with high ceiling! :)