• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

160MM pump on a 190

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I know there are smarter boat engineer on the forums than me, and I'm wondering this. Will the 160 pump swap into the 190? If not, why not?
My thinking is, since our hulls (190's) are the same as the (195's), that the housing holding the impeller assembly will be the same dimensions, and only the pump internals will be different. Any takers for this discussion?

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/57e19b4287a8660eb0701b28/jet-unit-1

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I know there are smarter boat engineer on the forums than me, and I'm wondering this. Will the 160 pump swap into the 190? If not, why not?
My thinking is, since our hulls (190's) are the same as the (195's), that the housing holding the impeller assembly will be the same dimensions, and only the pump internals will be different. Any takers for this discussion?

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/57e19b4287a8660eb0701b28/jet-unit-1
This is a good idea, in theory, to get rid of cavitation on hole shot. All you would need is a 160mm wear ring as far as the pump. The SVHO uses a different shaft and cone (w/4 bolts I think) so maybe an adapter needed too.
That's not the issue though. The issue is the HOs do not have nearly enough power, not even close to move a big SVHO impeller into max hp range of 7,500+. You could figure this out, it would be a lot of testing of various impellers and pitches, you would become good friends with Glen at Skat factory, lol. I say - go for it! Just make sure you post, it could be a nice surprise, who knows. Not been tested in HOs that I know of.
For the less ambitious of us the L13s are the way to go, IMO, in order to harness the HO power in teh 155mm pump without cavitation.

--