• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

165 HI Impulse Bimini

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What's the best option for some shade on my new 165? It has the wakeboard tower but didn't have the Bimini option on it. The factory option seems pretty short as in not sure it's going to provide any shade. Does anyone have a rough length of the factory option and can it be left folded out when cruising around?

Any better aftermarket options?

Any other tricks or changes I need to do to it from the factory? It has all options besides the premium sound and the bimini.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's a HO Impulse. Had a typo on my phone.

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
How do you like the boat... I am looking for the older sea doo version

Sorry no help on your question

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Can anyone with the factory tower bimini measure the width front to back when its folded out for me? Curious how much it covers vs buying something aftermarket.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here it is finished and out for a day on the lake. Sorry for the crappy pic on the water. Must not have focused or something. I had it up to 30mpg so far and its rock solid. You can hold onto it if the boat is rocking and you need to grab something. I angled it down some in the front to make sure the wind doesnt grab it and id rather the wind push the front down against the bars/tower if there is a load on it.

Now it could just stay like this but to fit in my garage the tower needs to fold down. So the bimnii would be straight up in the air almost at that point. So the bimini has hinges I put in the center of it and it folds in half from front to back and then I use velcro straps to hold it against the back half if that makes sense.

I have no doubt this will hold up at WOT on this boat. The coverage and size was perfect for this size boat also.

Now I gotta work on that porpoising problem because on this lake we went to it was horrible

20160904_170123 - jetboat.jpg 20160904_172844 - Jetboat.jpg 20160904_172911 - Jetboat.jpg 20160904_173801 - Jetboat.jpg