• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

165g first service?

Jbingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just pulled the boat out of the water for the first service. Since being very familiar with other power sports I will be doing myself. Basically the manual states a oil change and lists a bunch of things to inspect. Any other things I should be looking for that are not on the checklist?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I been doing the maintenance myself too on my other jerboats...but now the problem becomes clearing the "service now" light without taking it to the dealer?

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Candoo software will clear the light, and let you see the motor data.

Change the oil, oil filter, and I'd do the plugs too since you can buy the kit that has all 3.

Jbingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
All done, dealer said bring it in quick and he would clear it for me. Not really bothering me much though. No sense in pulling it out of the lake for just that.