• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

This forum is really a wealth of knowledge. I have been in the BMW world for a long time researching forums and that is all I know. When I wanted to upgrade from my Larson 176 SEI I was looking at bigger stern drive boats but then I came upon the YJB site I was impressed with the presence of the owners. I was so thrilled to come across a forum as dedicated as it was with the BMW forums I frequent. But when they went down for like 2 or 3 weeks a while back I was pissed because I was in the decision phase of figuring out if I wanted to purse a Yamaha or not. Once the site came back online I found a thread that was pertaining to the site being down. Once I saw someone post that there was another site I could visit I was done with that other site. I have since purchased a Yamaha and love every minute of it and enjoy the support here on the boards with mods and other questions. I relate it to the car forums as the members are always trying to make it better. I look forward to continuing to use this forum as a place of support and knowledge as I enjoy my Yamaha. JB.net!!!

That boat looks like new. Beautiful.
It really is, I was amazed when the guy took the cover off when I went to look at it. It was quite a drive away so I told the guy to be honest with me about the condition. He said there were two cushions messed up and a rub mark on the corner of the sticker on the side. One was a 2" discoloration on the bow cushion, the other one is a tiny nick on the swim deck backrest that I still have a hard time finding.

Wait.......there's another jet boating forum?

Fooled me!

@SuperJetDan ..lol its all good Dan..Your not the first guy to have your hand slapped here.. just the first in public on this forum..:D
Yes this is a great place!
BTW I went over to the other site to see what , if anything, was going on. Looking at the classifieds. Man is it slow.. All the talkers are over here to be certain. Old ass posts in the contributors forum. Nothing since like December..
Weird.. like an old empty house at night.

WTF ?

Did I miss something?

Jeesh, take a nap and see what happens?

Sucks getting old.

What I like best about this forum is you can post anything. Boat related or not, there will be answers. And you don't feel intimidate like others forum that would bash you if you misspell, off topics, ect.... Great group of people here!

@Suchawittygal , you know we need that balance to keep us going down the road...or lake as it may be! You better go check the Dawg...she may be missing you!

We may eliminate politics/religion/etc...but I draw the line at talking about sex! It is a must or I ain't stayin'!

This is an absolutely TERRIBLE group of people. . . . . They all spend WAY too much of my money.

Tell me about it, this Mel character has given me the new boat itch......gonna cost me at least$50K!!!

Had the AR240 out today. . . . . well worth the $50K I dropped so far. I was grinning Ear to Ear the entire afternoon.

@0627Devildog Smiles are priceless especially with what you had to go through with your other boat and those :asshat:s

As far as the other forum goes, I still frequent it but enjoy this forum much more. I think it is far from dead over there as there are still a lot of new people signing up. The chatter is gone though, and most of the posters have 100 posts or less. Most of the, "help me" threads only get a few responses if that. There are a few helpful members over there that didn't find there way here. My efforts to steer them were thwarted.

This forum is the most friendly for sure...
I'm on the. MC forum too....mostly friendly and if you have a question or problem people jump in to help solve...
In no forum are you to discuss that your tow vehicle Is the Best...... That will make Yamaha owners act like Malibu owners in no time.......lol. JK

Agreed. I used to participate in a tundra forum but I don't like to read all the drama so I stopped going there. This site and yjb are both filled with great people.
Agreed @Joshb723 but MOST of the GREAT people moved over here.

I used to belong to a couple pwc forums and they are some badasses sitting behind their keyboards
Right. pwctoday.com used to be civil. I was away from it for a few years then when I checked back it was full of trash talk.

This forum and YJB have been the best of those I visit regularly too. Helpful, fun, no trash talk, and lots of great photos.

Agreed @Joshb723 but MOST of the GREAT people moved over here.

I have to agree with Gym, there are so many one time posters and reposts of the same content, it is getting bad over on yjb. I mostly lurk over there anymore and do all of my major discussions with the people that I trust which is here.

Many of us learned what it was like to be under "Lock and Key" and dont want to deal with that ever again. Keep in mind message boards evolve over time and topics will resurface no matter how good the FaQ is, we just have to be Noob tolerant.:pompus:

I've never really minded repeat questions, as I alway thought it is good to be reminded once and a while. Maybe I just haven't been around long enough to get annoyed by the same questions over and over (and Over) again. Generally, I am tolerant of the multiple questions on the same topic because search functions on OTHER boards did not work exceptionally well. However, with the search function here being so good (and thus alleviating the excuse) my tolerance may begin to thin. . . . . . = )

..And you don't feel intimidate like others forum that would bash you if you misspell...!
sounds like I need to step up my game :shifty: ...

;)

Back