• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a ton of fun.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was AWESOME!

I had no idea that there were jet skis capable of doing tricks like that. Thanks for sharing the video, I will have to do a little research on the IJSBA and see if they have any shows around us. My daughters would love to watch that in person.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never been on a stand up jet ski. How long do you usually go out for? I envision it to be something that you go out and do for an hour or two and then you're tired.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a ton of fun!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice video, thanks for posting it. It brings back memories from my youth (I've had a Kawasaki 550 and x2 (650 cc) as well as a Yamaha fx 1 (701 cc in a 440 sized hull)), a lot of drinking on the shore of "rat beach" waiting for a big boat / ship to go by so we could jump its wake.

You may know or heard of the guys from my local jet ski shop, the ski clinic based in Antioch, Ca in the SF Bay Area. I believe Jr. won the world championships once on a ski his dad built.

They have been wrenching on my stuff for years, I don't trust anyone one else with my skis or boat. They also build and sell skis based on the bob hull. I was in there once when a customer was ordering one for his son, the price started at $5k for the hull and quickly got to a subtotal of $16k, I left before they were done.

The videos don't do the sport justice, I've seen these guys do it in person and it's still unbelievable. To think this all started with a one cylinder two stoke 300cc engine with probably less than 30 hp in a tiny Kawasaki hull, a lot has changed in the 40 or so years since, now I think some of these skis have 4 cylinder four strokes with hundreds of hp in them.

Here is a link to the ski clinics site. They have a few pics and videos there that you may find interesting. From my perspective this kind of riding is for the younger crowd, not 40 something's like me who no longer have the back or knees to handle it.

http://www.theskiclinic.com/meet-the-staff.html

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd love to go to lake Havasu sometime for the freestyle finals, a good friend of mine now sponsors Lee Stone, and I've seen what he does with a ski. Out of this world :cool:

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am amazed at the skills they have. Looks like a ton-o-fun

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are making me miss my 550's.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
THAT is incredible.

Never had the chance to try a ski but always wanted to. Would have been a blast out by Mom and Dad's cottage when I was young.