• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FISH Deluxe 2 battery wiring

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ok bought a 190 FSH last yr. Had some of the issue with water that others have. Fixed most them. Also had one with the pressure wash hose were they didnt tighten it down under the seat. I think I fixed it. Any way the Problem I have now is I took the boat to shop for winterizing and when I got home, I went to take the batteries out. The shop already disconnected them. Well spring time (at least its supposed to be). Went to put the batteries back in, now I dont know which wire go were. I other words which grounds (-) go with which positives (+). And theres a 5th small black wire which state goes to commend ground. Which battery ground does it go to0, House or starter? Does it make a difference on it? If any could post a good photo I'd appreciate it. I did notice that 1 (+) & (-) had a blue line on them so I figure they go together. but before I do anything I'd like to make sure.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'll grab a photo a little later when I'm back by my garage if someone doesn't shoot one first.
Pretty sure though that all your grounds are "common." I.e. even though one may go the house battery and one to start battery, I think they there's a negative jumper between the batteries.

That way when you turn on your parallel switch if needed...all it does is connect the positives between battery one and battery two.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All of the grounds should be common. I put the small black ground on the house battery. This is from the 210 FSH service manual, but it is a safe bet they are the same.

vvv.jpg

Last edited:

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks Still think a color photo may help a little better. There is a jumper cable between the 2 grounds. Batteries are run in parallel. Issue is which 2 go to which two batteries. I think the 1 ground & 1 positive lead with blue strips go together, but which battery?. Of course that may not matter in the senses it does not matter were the battery sits. 1 battery will have 3 wires on the ground (ground, jumper & some small wire that says connect to command ground) and the other battery will have only 2 wires on the ground (ground & jumper). From the image looks like the starter battery has 3 ground wires and house has just 2.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay. Wasn't feeling great so I hit the Nyquil last night and went to bed. Still home sick today so I have plenty of time to look at anything if you'd like.
Photo is attached but what @Foobar supplied is probably the best you'll find. Basically, there is one positive cable to the start battery and one positive cable to the house battery. You'll see a second small wire on my start battery positive...that's not factory though, that'scoming from my on board charger. Other than that everything else is a common ground.
Also, I see nothing with a blue tracer other than the split loom on the house battery. Red (+) wire under that loom.

Hope this helps a little.

Attachments

Bmerritt811

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll grab a photo a little later when I'm back by my garage if someone doesn't shoot one first.
Pretty sure though that all your grounds are "common." I.e. even though one may go the house battery and one to start battery, I think they there's a negative jumper between the batteries.

That way when you turn on your parallel switch if needed...all it does is connect the positives between battery one and battery two.