• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH T-Top modded to pivot down under 7’10”

JWKECK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought the sport, and was sure I could make it fold and park in the garage. I had heard some discuss the opportunity, some going aftermarket, but I couldn’t see where anyone attempted to modify the OEM provide item. Once my Trailer Valet was installed, I was going to try it or send the OEM t-top to the dump and buy an aftermarket Dolphin t-top. I couldn’t get a guarantee the Dolphin would come in under my 8’ garage entry, and I was going to toss the old t-top if not workable anyway, so why not give it a go? I got the metal saw and went to work on the bolted points to use as hinges. The end result is yes, the stock t-top can be made to fold in a few hours with a saber saw and a metal blade. It’s a little ugly right now, but, it can be polished and powder coated. Those vibrating tools are merciless on painted finishes, lesson learned. I’m definitely not a metal worker. Plans are now to disassemble and polish out the rough bits and find bolts with handles like the fishmaster offers. Now she goes in and out of my tight side entry 8’ high garage entry nicely in under 10 mins. It is a little awkward lifting from the side front. I’m guessing I need to lift from the bow to minimize twisting whilst bits are loose. Its about a 50lb lift.

Last edited:

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought the sport, and was sure I could make it fold and park in the garage. I had heard some discuss the opportunity, some going aftermarket, but I couldn’t see where anyone attempted to modify the OEM provide item. Once my Trailer Valet was installed, I was going to try it or send the OEM t-top to the dump and buy an aftermarket Dolphin t-top. I couldn’t get a guarantee the Dolphin would come in under my 8’ garage entry, and I was going to toss the old t-top if not workable anyway, so why not give it a go? I got the metal saw and went to work on the bolted points to use as hinges. The end result is yes, the stock t-top can be made to fold in a few hours with a saber saw and a metal blade. It’s a little ugly right now, but, it can be polished and powder coated. Those vibrating tools are merciless on painted finishes, lesson learned. I’m definitely not a metal worker. Plans are now to disassemble and polish out the rough bits and find bolts with handles like the fishmaster offers. Now she goes in and out of my tight side entry 8’ high garage entry nicely in under 10 mins. It is a little awkward lifting from the side front. I’m guessing I need to lift from the bow to minimize twisting whilst bits are loose. Its about a 50lb lift.
Pictures?

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Did not see anything ugly or that needed painting in the pictures. Looked very clean and professional. Can you explain exactly what you cut off and how you put back together. Possibly a pic or two. Thanks.

Rick Bright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the same problem. I have to remove the windshield to get my boat in the garage. I removed the T top and just left it off. So it looks like you just cut off part of the hinge to make it swivel ?Thanks for posting this gave me a great idea. Rick B

JWKECK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the same problem. I have to remove the windshield to get my boat in the garage. I removed the T top and just left it off. So it looks like you just cut off part of the hinge to make it swivel ?Thanks for posting this gave me a great idea. Rick B
That is correct. Not a perfect solution, and requires some strength to lift up and down.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's pretty good stuff right there. Clever idea to fold the top, and then fold the tower.

Rick Bright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you still have to remove the tower or will it fold down enough that it is low enough? My seat barely clears the door. Thanks, Rick B

JWKECK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you still have to remove the tower or will it fold down enough that it is low enough? My seat barely clears the door. Thanks, Rick B
I have an 8’ garage entry. This setup clears the garage top plate with about an inch to spare when I let the front wheel. I need a minimum 7’11” entry to use my setup as shown.

Navstal24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length