• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH Trolling Motor mount

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have anyone installed trolling motor with the factory aluminum mount for 2021 FSH boat? Just curious what kind of bolt did you use. I’m planning on installing minn Kota riptide terrova 80# 60 shaft for my 190 FSH F2977766-90A2-4009-860D-A663D7315CF1.jpeg

i need to get one too. did you get it from Yamaha or Minn Kota? got another question; I bought a riptide with a 54" shaft; did i screw up?

i need to get one too. did you get it from Yamaha or Minn Kota? got another question; I bought a riptide with a 54" shaft; did i screw up?
I have a 60 inch motor shaft on my Terrova 80lbs. of thrust 24V motor. I am not saying a 54 inch will not work; it might.

Thanks Elliott!

From my research majority is using 60" shaft, maybe if you are using exclusively in a calm lake/river you are fine but im not sure. I go off shore fishing so I definitely need 60". Mine came with the boat when I purchased it, its all aluminum.

Product Details (shopyamaha.com)

Thanks fatboyroy! I'm trolling around boat docks and shallow flats

I have a 60 inch motor shaft on my Terrova 80lbs. of thrust 24V motor. I am not saying a 54 inch will not work; it might.
I have the same i just received yesterday, im still waiting for other parts so I can install it.

When I was bouncing up and down this weekend with the Trolling Motor maiden voyage in 1' - 3' rollers from boat traffic, the prop was coming out of the water. I lowered it to about 1" under max and the prop didn't come out of the water anymore. Was thinking about the 54" when I bought it, but they only had the 60" that came in. I would have had an issue if I didn't get the 60". Different model of boat so I am unsure if your bow is lower off the water.

Minn Kota 24v 80# 60" shaft.

@Tdub75 before installing, you probably should try to set it up (have someone hold it) and see how deep from water level it goes. You need to know the water level by the bow. This way you have options to return it if its too short.

Will do, thanks!

How did the mount installation work for you ? I bough the same mount and the riptide ulterra but still waiting for delivery of motor. For now I’m trying to figure out how to bolt the bracket to the boat . If you have any picture or suggestions that would be appreciated .

I bolted on a piece of 2" starboard and cantilevered it over the bow since the bracket wasn't long enough. If I can get down to the marina next week I'll take some pictures.

I bolted on a piece of 2" starboard and cantilevered it over the bow since the bracket wasn't long enough. If I can get down to the marina next week I'll take some pictures.
I’d appreciate that ,thanks you

Here's a pic from last summer. When i get to the marina i'll get closeups without the motor.

Attachments

• 20210721_110212.jpg
    20210721_110212.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
I have a motorguide 60" that I use quite a bit. You definatley will want the 60" trust me. If there is any chop 1'-2' mine will cavitate every once in a while with it almost all the way down. Also the mounting hardware should be stainless 1/4 to 5/16' with nylon lock nuts and fender washers on the inside. Also try to give some space between the fron lip where it curls over the bow. The mount will flex and tear up your gelcoat.

Hey guys, I'm new to the FSH 190 and just picked up a 2020 two weeks ago. I'm getting ready to put a MK Terrova on board, but curious where you all mounted your batteries? I've read of different locations some have mounted, but haven't seen any pictures.

Anyone willing to share pics of where they mounted, and how you secured them?

Thanks!

Hello! Mine are under the center hatch in the bow area! I added some ratchet straps to hold them down. I bought 2 SOK lithiums 100ah3642DAA9-5954-4CBE-A570-F9D409044002.jpeg

Back