• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190FSH new trailer jack

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone change their trailer jack on aluminum model for 190trying to figure out how to make it work without drilling holes the front of the trailers bigger than most. And has anyone weighed their tongue weight on a 190thinking about slide into boat back a little bit

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found a solution with minor mods to trailer. I installed the West Marine brand 1200 lbs tandem wheel trailer jack. The only thing I had to modify on the trailer was the holes for the position pin had to be sized up to 1/2" and I used the center retention piece from the original jack.IMG_2082.jpgIMG_2083.jpgIMG_2084.jpg

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you think your boat trailer rides a little nose-heavy I was thinking about sliding mine back a little bit

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Over the last few years my bow stop assembly with the jack has slipped forward a few inches. Adding a little more tongue weight.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you think your boat trailer rides a little nose-heavy I was thinking about sliding mine back a little bit
I'm not sure, I know it is to heavy for me to even budge. You can see where mine is in the picture, is yours about the same place?

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Probably about the same when I hook it to my TRD 4Runner it kind of squats it down and kind of bouncey doesn't bother my van but it's a 350 transit . I might try sliding it back about 4-5 in.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They might slide the boats far forward as possible so it will fit in a garage better closest to the folding tongue without going over.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Trailer rides a little bit better the boat back some .might not be the case for everybody but I added a trolling motor and batteries/amps .

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How do you get to the (2) nuts to remove them? Do you have to take the entire bow stop and winch off to get to the nuts....I can't see another way.
I see people have added a jack by mounting it in front of the old bracket....however for me on my sx210 the is not enough space between the old bracket and the the hinge for the fold up tongue?

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You have to take the two bottom bolts out and loosen the two top bolts for the bow stop and tilt it forward, at least that's what I did