• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190sx

Kade12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased a 190sx in May and did the break in procedure but now I’m able to go full throttle I can only hit 32mph tips on glass and pulling 2 person tube with just me in the boat can pull tube 28mph in straight line the. Soon as I begin to turn and barley turn loose speed severely and if I want to try and throw then out of wake turn sharp slow down to like 12mph and seems to barley pull me out of water when I ski brand new boat kinda depressed what do I need to do called dealer said they would look but there 3hours from me

Attachments

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi, I have a 2019 190sx. Unfortunately, this boat is not really designed for tubing. On the rare occasion i do pull my daughter and her friends i tend to pull them at 20-25 and as i go into the turn i hit the throttle to increase speed as you turn.

The main reason is the way the jet turns the boat. If you have ever at idle speed turned the wheel you almost pivot on the spot you are on, where as an outboard will make small circles.

Hope this helps. Nothing wrong with the boat.