• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 changing versa lounge to pass through

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
First time post and many thank you for the year of informative reading prior to this point.

I have a 2019 195id in the blue color that has the versa lounge. We use the boat for water sports mostly and would like to convert it from the versa lounge to be just a pass through. I looked around scarabs website but the parts list arent sufficient to build a list of things I would need to buy. Called the dealer and that wasn't any help. Any suggestions on how to get a parts list for this conversion? Thanks

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Can you post a picture of what yours looks like? I've got a 2015 215, and I've thought about switching it too. For me, all the cushions except the back bench seat can be pulled off by undoing a couple of bolts. The back bench would be a lot more involved, since it is one cushion that goes all the way across the engine hatch.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Taking apart the current is straight forward but I can't find part numbers for the new versions to order

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It looks the same as mine. the back middle section cushion is bolted through the engine hatch. You can access the nuts pretty easy. The flip-down middle section with the weird cross-hatched vinyl is attached with hinges, which can be removed relatively easily (I believe from the bottom side of the engine hatch as well). With those two cushions gone, you could attach hydroturf or whatever non-slip spongy-type decking you want on the engine hatch.
It may not be exactly like factory would do it, but it would be a lot more stable for walking on. Also, completely reversible if you want to switch it back.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Correct. Scarab did tell me they will build the cushions but said they will only sell the marine mat in full boat kits. I called marine mat (oem) and they said scarab won't release the drawings of those mat so they can sell aftermarket but will make me some if I provide them the drawings. Still chasing but to your point. Would like to do it but have it reversible and stock OEM looking.