• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 FSH Deluxe vs 195 FSH Sport

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just put down a deposit to order a new 2022 195 FSH boat when they release them in July. Just wondering if the only difference between the 2 FSH models in the T-top? I am looking to put the boat in my garage and I know the OEM T-top is not collapsible stock. Is it better to go with the deluxe and get an aftermarket t-top or try and find a welder/fabricator to mod the OEM t-top? Also does the OEM top have disconnects for the wires inside?

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New FSH 195 Sport owner here. Barely a month now. I searched for these answers and had the same thought process you are having also. I believe the Deluxe has the bow seat and the sport does not. IDK why it can not be included on the sport. I was convinced I wanted the deluxe but when this one became available locally I jumped at the chance. I knew if I did not it would be this fall or maybe next spring if I waited. I am happy so far.

The t-top is Not Collapsible. I can confirm it fits in my garage, 21 feet deep (back wall to Hurricane bars on garage door, and 81 3/8 inches high at lowest point from garage floor to the hurricane bars on the garage door when open. I have a 1"ish lip of concrete at the entrance to the garage. With the following understandings. 2-3 inches clearance when backing in, Hurricane bars to top of center console, make sure steering wheel is tilted down. I do not let any air out of the tires. I have to remove the leaning post seat back, 6 phillips head screws and 11mm nyloc nuts. I plan to buy a bag of the Stainless nyloc nuts and washers from Fastenal since they will get loose after multiple uses. Not a big deal. Been off and on 4 times now still holds fine for the weekend. Removal of the T-top is really a 2 person job, I am 6 ft and 210 lbs and I can remove it myself and reinstall it myself. It is a challenge thou. I have a step stool off the back of the Transom and put a heavy blanket down on the deck back there to set the top on for a few seconds while I carefully step down or step up and then lift the top off or on the rest of the way, it is more like balance the t-top while stepping up or down without the full weight. I set it on the garage floor on a blanket, I plan to make a wood holder on rollers to hold the top in the future. 6 - 8mm Stainless hex cap bolts to remove and pull the electrical connector for the Nav light on the T-top. I suggest getting a 3/8 drive 8mm allen with an extension and u-joint to get to the the 8mm bolts. Always start by hand. I remove with a small battery impact set on low power. I also remove the windshield with the seven 1/4 turn quick connectors.

I thought about having the top cut and hinges wielded on but even folded forward it would sit to tall to fit in my garage. IMHO it will not fit folded unless you have a 10ft high garage opening. Even then it might be close.

I also worried about the black uprights on the t-top getting hot. Has not been an issue.

I included pics of where I mounted one of the fire extinguishers, I plan to add a second in the Battery compartment. I also use painters tape to hold the clear rubber isolator between the upper and lower portions of the t-top in place when putting it back on. I suppose over time those might get worn or torn.

I have over 12 hours on it in less than a month. Already completed the 10 hour service myself and added a Fizzle Racing blow-off valve. I maintain everything I own for regular maintenance. If you have any more questions or want more pics please let me know.

Attachments

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New FSH 195 Sport owner here. Barely a month now. I searched for these answers and had the same thought process you are having also. I believe the Deluxe has the bow seat and the sport does not. IDK why it can not be included on the sport. I was convinced I wanted the deluxe but when this one became available locally I jumped at the chance. I knew if I did not it would be this fall or maybe next spring if I waited. I am happy so far.

The t-top is Not Collapsible. I can confirm it fits in my garage, 21 feet deep (back wall to Hurricane bars on garage door, and 81 3/8 inches high at lowest point from garage floor to the hurricane bars on the garage door when open. I have a 1"ish lip of concrete at the entrance to the garage. With the following understandings. 2-3 inches clearance when backing in, Hurricane bars to top of center console, make sure steering wheel is tilted down. I do not let any air out of the tires. I have to remove the leaning post seat back, 6 phillips head screws and 11mm nyloc nuts. I plan to buy a bag of the Stainless nyloc nuts and washers from Fastenal since they will get loose after multiple uses. Not a big deal. Been off and on 4 times now still holds fine for the weekend. Removal of the T-top is really a 2 person job, I am 6 ft and 210 lbs and I can remove it myself and reinstall it myself. It is a challenge thou. I have a step stool off the back of the Transom and put a heavy blanket down on the deck back there to set the top on for a few seconds while I carefully step down or step up and then lift the top off or on the rest of the way, it is more like balance the t-top while stepping up or down without the full weight. I set it on the garage floor on a blanket, I plan to make a wood holder on rollers to hold the top in the future. 6 - 8mm Stainless hex cap bolts to remove and pull the electrical connector for the Nav light on the T-top. I suggest getting a 3/8 drive 8mm allen with an extension and u-joint to get to the the 8mm bolts. Always start by hand. I remove with a small battery impact set on low power. I also remove the windshield with the seven 1/4 turn quick connectors.

I thought about having the top cut and hinges wielded on but even folded forward it would sit to tall to fit in my garage. IMHO it will not fit folded unless you have a 10ft high garage opening. Even then it might be close.

I also worried about the black uprights on the t-top getting hot. Has not been an issue.

I included pics of where I mounted one of the fire extinguishers, I plan to add a second in the Battery compartment. I also use painters tape to hold the clear rubber isolator between the upper and lower portions of the t-top in place when putting it back on. I suppose over time those might get worn or torn.

I have over 12 hours on it in less than a month. Already completed the 10 hour service myself and added a Fizzle Racing blow-off valve. I maintain everything I own for regular maintenance. If you have any more questions or want more pics please let me know.
Man you are the best! Really appreciate the reply this makes my decision very easy as I will now just go with the sport after seeing these pictures! Idk why this information isnt out there but you basically answered all my questions! Beautiful looking boat! Do you plan on doing any upgrades in the future? (Speakers, Trolling Motor, Fish Finder, Etc.)

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad I could help. I have installed a Simrad Cruise 9 Chartplotter/fish finder. Installed it before I even put it in the water. To many shifting sandbars ect in the intercoastal waterways around Charleston, SC. I did the through the hull install on the transducer. I have good depth and maps. I have looked at the fish finder but not really fished. I am new to salt water fishing. The boat came with a trolling motor mount and screws, I did not know that until I found it in the fish box. Might add a trolling motor in the future. This boat is likely 75 percent family use and maybe 25% fishing in the near future.

I plan to install an amp, likely 8" sub and 2 more speakers in the center console. The base radio is fine for general use. They coil all the antenna wire for the FM/Weather channels up under the console (Basic radio has AM/FM/Weather channels/Bluetooth. I need to at least route it around the inside of the console a little to get better reception. We have only used Bluetooth so far. Have not ventured out of the coastal inlets and inter coastal yet. On the note of wiring under the center console..... This is my one major complaint so far. They did a terrible job at the factory of zip-tying the wiring under the console. I have been an electronics tech for almost 30 years and strain relief is a huge deal even for a stationary install. Take something and put it in a boat that is constantly moving and swinging cables will become a point of failure. I spent an hour inside the console ty-raping all the cables to my satisfaction. I guess I could have taken it to the dealer and complained but they likely would not have done as good a job tying them up as I would. I have also found a few loose screws and nuts. Battery post nuts were loose from the factory. So minor things so far. But the battery post and Console wiring had potential to become big issues.

I have an ICOM M330G VHF radio and Shakespeare 4ft antenna to mount. Have not been overly worried about it yet since I have not taken it off the coast at all yet. I have a folding mount I plan to clamp to the T-top for the antenna and will put a BNC style connector near the NAV light connector to make taking the T-top down easy.

I am sure there is more I can come up with to share but this is all the time I have right now.

Scott

Attachments

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad I could help. I have installed a Simrad Cruise 9 Chartplotter/fish finder. Installed it before I even put it in the water. To many shifting sandbars ect in the intercoastal waterways around Charleston, SC. I did the through the hull install on the transducer. I have good depth and maps. I have looked at the fish finder but not really fished. I am new to salt water fishing. The boat came with a trolling motor mount and screws, I did not know that until I found it in the fish box. Might add a trolling motor in the future. This boat is likely 75 percent family use and maybe 25% fishing in the near future.

I plan to install an amp, likely 8" sub and 2 more speakers in the center console. The base radio is fine for general use. They coil all the antenna wire for the FM/Weather channels up under the console (Basic radio has AM/FM/Weather channels/Bluetooth. I need to at least route it around the inside of the console a little to get better reception. We have only used Bluetooth so far. Have not ventured out of the coastal inlets and inter coastal yet. On the note of wiring under the center console..... This is my one major complaint so far. They did a terrible job at the factory of zip-tying the wiring under the console. I have been an electronics tech for almost 30 years and strain relief is a huge deal even for a stationary install. Take something and put it in a boat that is constantly moving and swinging cables will become a point of failure. I spent an hour inside the console ty-raping all the cables to my satisfaction. I guess I could have taken it to the dealer and complained but they likely would not have done as good a job tying them up as I would. I have also found a few loose screws and nuts. Battery post nuts were loose from the factory. So minor things so far. But the battery post and Console wiring had potential to become big issues.

I have an ICOM M330G VHF radio and Shakespeare 4ft antenna to mount. Have not been overly worried about it yet since I have not taken it off the coast at all yet. I have a folding mount I plan to clamp to the T-top for the antenna and will put a BNC style connector near the NAV light connector to make taking the T-top down easy.

I am sure there is more I can come up with to share but this is all the time I have right now.

Scott

Awesome! Yeah I really like that flushmounted simrad! Any advantages to go with Simrad vs Garmin or Hummingbird? I have heard there has been some quality issues this year where they throw things underneath the console without securing them. Im very OCD about cable management so I am sure I will be doing the same. Ill prob be using mine 50/50 family/bass fishing. No rush on the other pictures but I do appreciate them!

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On the bow seat. It's stock on the Deluxe. I bought a 195 Sport and had it installed it set me back $500. I plan to use the boat for fishing. So it's money well spent.

Tom

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On the bow seat. It's stock on the Deluxe. I bought a 195 Sport and had it installed it set me back $500. I plan to use the boat for fishing. So it's money well spent.

Tom
Do you freshwater fish? I am not sure how much I would use a seat while fishing up front.

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do both freshwater and saltwater fishing. I was thinking more for a lazy day fishing. I honestly don't know how much it's going to get used. I wanted to mount more than the actual seat. I was thinking I could probably attach a table to it also.

Tom

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do both freshwater and saltwater fishing. I was thinking more for a lazy day fishing. I honestly don't know how much it's going to get used. I wanted to mount more than the actual seat. I was thinking I could probably attach a table to it also.

Tom
Gotcha! I'll look into it but when I bass fish I like to be on my feet! Still have time since who knows when 2022s will come in.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@SCSCOTT How has the 195 FSH been holding up? Any issues you have noticed so far?

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@SCSCOTT How has the 195 FSH been holding up? Any issues you have noticed so far?
I think it is holding up well. 43+ Hours and going strong. I have had a few small issues. The Screws that hold the lift shock on the live well back out of the cover and one has likely stripped. I used some 3M 4200 on them but they did not hold. Might have to go with the 5200 or drill completely through the lid and use stainless hardware to secure it. I doubt I would ever have to relocate the bracket the shock hooks to as the shock can be replaced, if needed, without replacing the bracket. The YAMAHA Letters on the sides of the boat started separating from the hull. I do not know if the adhesive is just bad or the surface was not clean when they applied them at the factory. Plus it is a little odd they applied a flat letter onto a slightly curved surface so it may just be a matter of time before it does it again once they replace the letter for me. I had the dealer file a claim with Yamaha and they had a hard time locating a set of letters. Likely supply chain issues.

The first few times I filled the boat with fuel I was afraid I might overfill it. I would turn on the key and watch for the gauge to hit 100%. Well this was shorting me of maybe 5-8 gallons of fuel. I now just fill it until the pump clicks off. The gauge does not register below 100% until I burn 8ish gallons of fuel. I have never filled it at a marina yet since it requires premium and No local marinas have 91 or 93 octane and only a couple have 89. If I think I will need to fill at a marina I will bring a can of Torco High Octane Fuel Accelerator with me and hope they have 89. One 32 oz can will raise 40 gallons of fuel +2 Octane, or 20 gallons +4 Octane. So if I was dead empty, which should never happen I could fill with 40 gallons 89 and still end up with 91 Octane with the 32oz can of Torco. Or if I had 20 gallons of 93 in the tank and fill with 20 gallons, 89 I would also have 91 octane. If you reset the trip info each time you are out it is fairly accurate within a gallon or so on the fuel burned, at least in my experience so far.

I also installed a Icom 330G VHF Radio. I removed the factory compass. I just enlarged the hole for the radio and it was a perfect fit. I plan to relocate the compass to the Left of the Connexts display when I get a 2" hole saw. I mounted the 4ft antenna on a fold down mount on the T-Top and routed the cable down the uprights with Ty-Raps. I just run it through the center console vent on the port side and connect it to the radio each time I get the Boat ready for the day at home. I'll post some pics in a bit. I can still get the T-Top cover over the antenna in the same way you get it over the NAV light on top. I also velcro the Antenna to the T-Top when it is towed to keep it from bouncing around and beating it up.

Attachments

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think it is holding up well. 43+ Hours and going strong. I have had a few small issues. The Screws that hold the lift shock on the live well back out of the cover and one has likely stripped. I used some 3M 4200 on them but they did not hold. Might have to go with the 5200 or drill completely through the lid and use stainless hardware to secure it. I doubt I would ever have to relocate the bracket the shock hooks to as the shock can be replaced, if needed, without replacing the bracket. The YAMAHA Letters on the sides of the boat started separating from the hull. I do not know if the adhesive is just bad or the surface was not clean when they applied them at the factory. Plus it is a little odd they applied a flat letter onto a slightly curved surface so it may just be a matter of time before it does it again once they replace the letter for me. I had the dealer file a claim with Yamaha and they had a hard time locating a set of letters. Likely supply chain issues.

The first few times I filled the boat with fuel I was afraid I might overfill it. I would turn on the key and watch for the gauge to hit 100%. Well this was shorting me of maybe 5-8 gallons of fuel. I now just fill it until the pump clicks off. The gauge does not register below 100% until I burn 8ish gallons of fuel. I have never filled it at a marina yet since it requires premium and No local marinas have 91 or 93 octane and only a couple have 89. If I think I will need to fill at a marina I will bring a can of Torco High Octane Fuel Accelerator with me and hope they have 89. One 32 oz can will raise 40 gallons of fuel +2 Octane, or 20 gallons +4 Octane. So if I was dead empty, which should never happen I could fill with 40 gallons 89 and still end up with 91 Octane with the 32oz can of Torco. Or if I had 20 gallons of 93 in the tank and fill with 20 gallons, 89 I would also have 91 octane. If you reset the trip info each time you are out it is fairly accurate within a gallon or so on the fuel burned, at least in my experience so far.

I also installed a Icom 330G VHF Radio. I removed the factory compass. I just enlarged the hole for the radio and it was a perfect fit. I plan to relocate the compass to the Left of the Connexts display when I get a 2" hole saw. I mounted the 4ft antenna on a fold down mount on the T-Top and routed the cable down the uprights with Ty-Raps. I just run it through the center console vent on the port side and connect it to the radio each time I get the Boat ready for the day at home. I'll post some pics in a bit. I can still get the T-Top cover over the antenna in the same way you get it over the NAV light on top. I also velcro the Antenna to the T-Top when it is towed to keep it from bouncing around and beating it up.
Nice job with the radio mount! I'm planning to install one at some point soon on our 21' 195 FSH Sport. It's been a great boat so far. Does everything we need. Already past our break in(1st service) and she sure does get up and move.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Seems to be all the issues you are seeing is what everyone is seeing as well... But wow you are killing it with the upgrades you have done looks nice and clean!! Do you find the radio worth it? Just curious what and how often you use it. Still waiting on my boat and getting a little discouraged that it probly wont be coming anytime soon. Glad you are enjoying yours!

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice job with the radio mount! I'm planning to install one at some point soon on our 21' 195 FSH Sport. It's been a great boat so far. Does everything we need. Already past our break in(1st service) and she sure does get up and move.
Saw your video on youtube. Nice boat you have! Approximately what is the cost of service once its broken in?

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here are more Pics of the ICOM M330G VHF radio w/ICOM MBF5 Flush Mount kit, Shakespeare 4188SL SS Rail mount and Shakespeare 4' Centennial VHF Antenna . The radio comes with a bracket, however if you want to flush mount you will need the MBF5. You can definitely spend less on a Uniden VHF, but with my years of experience in the aviation world ICOM is a well respected brand. The SS folding mount is Heavy duty, a very solid piece. I used some high density foam between the mount and the cross bar with the hope it will save the powdercoat. Excuse the clutter in the garage. I manage to Fit a lot of stuff in there and the Boat!!
Here are a couple of the MBF5:
Radio mount 1.jpegRadio Mount 2.jpeg

Antenna mount and cable routing.
image8.jpegCoax Route 1.jpegCoax Route 2.jpegCoax mount 4.jpeg
Antenna Nav Light.jpeg

Vent I route the Coax through. I cut out a few cross bars.

Vent.jpeg

Small black square above the VHF is the GPS antenna. drilled a hole just big enough to fit the Gold SMA Connector through just behind the Mic mount and sealed it with 3M 4200.
image10.jpeg

Boat.jpeg

The completed the MMSI Registration and the setup in the radio so the Distress button would function. That was one of the biggest draws to the VHF radio for me was having the back-up of the Distress function. You press that and the Coast Guard is coming to look for you. Also a firm believer in "If you have it you likely won't need it."

Recent Task: Waxing the hull in stages. Using Meguiar's M6332 Flagship Premium Marine Wax

Wax.jpeg

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seems to be all the issues you are seeing is what everyone is seeing as well... But wow you are killing it with the upgrades you have done looks nice and clean!! Do you find the radio worth it? Just curious what and how often you use it. Still waiting on my boat and getting a little discouraged that it probly wont be coming anytime soon. Glad you are enjoying yours!
Thank you!! I Did Electronics installation for my first 4.5 years of my FAA career. 25 years and counting now. Been on the Maintenance side of the same equipment I used to install since then. So I am a bit particular about fit and finish. I literally Certify the equipment I maintain and repair at work is safe for use for the flying public, commercial and general aviation, and military, so safety and doing things correctly are always on my mind. My Grandfather was a 40+ year master electrician, Navy (WWII) to the 90s. He always pushed doing a good job and using the right tool for the job. So I always find excuses to buy a tool! ;)

I find the radio worth it for the Peace of mind. I have made sure My wife, preteen daughter, two 20 something kids and anyone on the boat knows how to use it and when to use it. Just like the Fire Extinguishers. They all know where they are and how to use them and Do not open the Engine hatch in case of a fire. Use the Fire Port for the extinguisher.

Sorry to hear it is taking so long to get your boat. I was very lucky to get ours when I did. I was local, I had filled out the loan app, and proved I had Cash in had for the down payment. So when it came in they gave me first crack at it. I had called Maryland to Florida looking for a Sport or Deluxe.

Best of luck!! Fingers crossed it comes in soon.

Last edited: