• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 HO impulse top speed

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just curious what everyone is getting in the 3 summers I have had mine there was one time I took it out it felt to have full power and reached 45, now the boat will barely creep up to 39 from 35, the wear ring was replaced last summer, thinking of doing it again and change the impeller with another factory one, mine does have a couple small dings.

Plugs recently changed and found the spark plug holes to have oil in there which I read is common from the valve cover gasket but curious to everyone’s thoughts on that as well.

Also gave me a Pm300 and 301 which is a misfire but that was after a long slow cruise to full throttle it cleared up and engine light went away but curious if others have experienced this.

Thanks

Solraider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here in central MN top speed has been 43, and this is only in the spring and fall. In summer on warm humid days 37 is the norm. The engine compartment gets real warm and I'm sure that cuts down on performance, it would be nice to get some cooler outside air directly to the air filter.

I've checked my plugs last year and there was a little oil in the hole area.

Just service codes have come up.

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Curious if the reverse bucket could be the cause ? I been looking into it, just curious if others have seen this ?

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
The warm Air could be blown out by the blower. I'm curious if this will ease the problem some tiny bit 😅

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I got 45... by myself, water did not have a ripple.

Surferd15

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Check your oil. Should be between the two bends on the dipstick. It robs top rpm. Most are overfilled from factory and dealers!

sdavid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
2019 195ID Ace 300hp top speed with just at 10hours is 48

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I assume that folks are using GPS to verify their speed. Boat speedos can be wildly inaccurate, especially the faster you go - in my experience. That being said, I just checked my 215 HOI at top speed and it was spot on all the way to 55. First boat I've owned where the speedo wasn't lying.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
FYI @PogoFX Scarab uses GPS based speedometers. No need to verify with another GPS.

DelBel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
PogoFX, I have a 2014 215 HOI and on flat water with 2 passengers I can reach 58mph. I just purchased this boat and it was my first time out. Is that the top speed on these boats? Don’t get me wrong.....that’s fast, but I’ve read online they top out at 65mph.

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
FYI @PogoFX Scarab uses GPS based speedometers. No need to verify with another GPS.
I wasn't totally sure about that. I can see the GPS symbol on the dash but thought that might only be used if you had the ski package or whatever it's called. Thanks for setting me straight. Makes sense that its spot on.

PogoFX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
PogoFX, I have a 2014 215 HOI and on flat water with 2 passengers I can reach 58mph. I just purchased this boat and it was my first time out. Is that the top speed on these boats? Don’t get me wrong.....that’s fast, but I’ve read online they top out at 65mph.
Well in the heat of the summer with the bimini up and full of gear (skis, wakeboard, etc) and a few folks I will usually see about 55-56 tops. I don't think any folks are seeing 65. With a light load, cool day, and calm water I get close to 60. If it didn't have the tower may you'd get a couple of more. The limiting factor really becomes the jet pumps at the top end.

Last edited:

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, when I got my little 165, I started searching for what instrument the speedometer used. Couldn't find one. I ended up asking a dealer and they confirmed that all Scarabs use that GPS speedo. Pretty cool and definitely better than the rollers or the little stick in the water.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I have a 2019 195 ACE 300. I'm topping out @ 45 mph at around 7500 rpm. That's in line with what the Product Information Guide says you should get @ that rpm. But, the PIG also states that you should get around 48 mph at WOT. I can't get past 7500 rpm so, for me, WOT is 7500 rpm. I've got over 27 hours on the boat, so I think I'm way past the break-in period. What rpm do you guys top out at? I am doing about 30 mph (4 mph fast than indicated in the PIG) @ around 6000 rpm so I don't think my issue is weight or configuration. I'm just wondering if there's an issue with my engine.

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat. 7500-7600 max rpm on my 2019 195 with 300 ace @ 18 hours. I read max rpm is 8000. Assumed this engine is just like jetskis and sleds where an oil change, plugs, fresh 93 oct gas and the first maintenance is needed before it will get there.