• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 HO with 161 mm impeller

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If someone wants a 161mm replacement impeller go with OEM, best overall performance.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This is probably confusing people, what part number did you end up using? 161 mm?
Go to crowley marine web set to get impeller, you will need motor model number code, something like ABA,AFA

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Scarab Mike hello I just wanna run this by you! After some research I have found that the scarabs with the 250hp supercharged engine/engines already have a 161mm wear ring and impeller! The 200hp uses a 159mm and the 150hp engines use a 155mm. No wonder it was so tight when I installed my impeller in a 159mm ring. It shaved some off as soon as I started the boat all is well but just wanted to clear this up. This comes straight from scarabs spec sheet on their website!
Is this screenshot for the 195? Why does it say the top speed is in the 50s for the two supercharged engines?

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I'm ready to replace my wear ring as Im starting to loose speed a little. 2014 195 HOI, Do i get the 159mm or the 161mm? You guys confused the hell out of me in the thread LOL o_O

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My experience having both a sea doo and now a scarab boat , OEM impellers are the best overall performance . If you have a early model scarab with a 159 mm then stay with it, or if it has a 161mm impeller and wear ring go with that.
Go to crowley marine websit , click on BRP, then go down to rotax and click on you engine model code letter( I found mine in boat purchase paper work) AF,AF AB.
then click on hp of boat and rest of model number for example-440000ABA, now just find the jet pump part list.

Solas has 159mm replacement impeller srz-cd-15/20 for 250hp.
Some have put 159mm srz-cd 14/19 on for 250hp loaded down boat loads(6 or more adults) but have cavataion issues with this impeller. At this time there is no Solas replacement impeller for the 161mm. They do have a replacement 161mm wear ring.
I believe 2014 195 had a 159mm impeller, you may have to measure it.
Thats what I have, hope that helps

Last edited:

Chad Anderson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm ready to replace my wear ring as Im starting to loose speed a little. 2014 195 HOI, Do i get the 159mm or the 161mm? You guys confused the hell out of me in the thread LOL o_O

What size did you end up needing for your 2014 195 HOI?

Patrick d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
I was wrong it is definitely a 159mm ring and impeller. Also the correct impeller.pitch is 14/19.
If you go with a solas impeller it has to be an SRZ not and SRX due to offset and extra pressure on the carbon seal. I tried a 15/20 and a 15/19r with shitty results finally the solas srz ,14/19 did the trick great acceleration and top speed 45ish. I can still get 39mph with 1500lbs in the boat

Patrick d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
Also I have the 250hp engine the 15/20 was terrible!!!!! Stick with a solas srz 14/19!!! No cavitation you won't regret it

SVTSINR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I went back to stock which was a 161 mm impeller, I was wrong before. I didn't have a set of calipers big enough to measure and it's almost impossible to see with a ruler.

Here is the part number on the impeller which cross references with Seadoo /BRP.
267 000 725

Attachments

Patrick d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
I went back to stock which was a 161 mm impeller, I was wrong before. I didn't have a set of calipers big enough to measure and it's almost impossible to see with a ruler.

Here is the part number on the impeller which cross references with Seadoo /BRP.
267 000 725

Here is the OEM impeller for the 195 250hp rotax part # 0461172

Attachments

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
My 2018 195 open has the 161mm. In less than 10hr after a wear ring replacement and no debris emergencies in the pump cavitation issues started. I just went with a stainless ring. Why is there no room for improvement in impeller? By myself and the dog hits 40. Ad wife and kids 37ish .. it has the 215Sc motor

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
new stainless ring installed and still having cavitation issues when pulling a tube and when loaded with. not taking on water at this time. the engine temps are staying regular. it just breaks loose and cavitated as the rpms hit 7k. pump is clear. it will also take a month of sundays then plane out and run normalish (31mph) when loaded with f
amily

jack s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
Also I have the 250hp engine the 15/20 was terrible!!!!! Stick with a solas srz 14/19!!! No cavitation you won't regret it
which ware ring did you use this sola impeller with?? 159? or 161? just trying to get one sorted myself