• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 running funny

you found the issue also check your oil and be sure it is not overfilled but the fishing line will do tit every time

If it doesn’t fix the issue I’m having you come over lol

I had a small amount of fishing line wrapped around the shaft, produced similar results - low rpms, vibrated like crazy, felt like it was about to blow up. Removed the line and fixed the issue.

Seadoo GTI 130

Yup had some long stringy seaweed around one shaft once, and it did the same thing. Cut it off with my exacto knife and all fixed.

Yup had some long stringy seaweed around one shaft once, and it did the same thing. Cut it off with my exacto knife and all fixed.
I'm curious... did anybody's alarm and check engine message come on when these issues happened? I was out yesterday, cruising at WOT with 10 people on board. Lost rpm's in starboard engine, alarm went off, and connext said shut down engine and see yamaha dealer. I thought it might be seagrass (as we have a TON lately). I stopped, pulled cleanout plug but didn't feel anything. Did a quick reverse thrust maneuver, then got underway at lower rpm's. Seemed fine but engine light was still on and periodically the same message about shut engine down and see yamaha dealer would come on. Thoughts?

Full disclosure: last weekend I changed oil for the first time. Thinking I may have put in just a little too much oil back? To be honest, I find it difficult to even read the dip stick. I did run her last weekend Sunday after oil change on Saturday and she did great for several hours.

Last edited:
I'm curious... did anybody's alarm and check engine message come on when these issues happened?
Yes, I had an overheat warning alarm when my intake was clogged with weeds. It was blocking water flow so the jet couldn't push enough water through the cooling system to maintain temp. Shut the engine off and turn off the battery switch. Wait a few seconds and turn the batteries back on and wait for the Connext system to fully boot. Do NOT start the engine, and turn off the battery switch. Repeat this 5 times without issues and it should clear the alarm. If the alarm comes back, something else is wrong and you'll probably need to see the dealer to get it cleared.

Just like a car engine, overfilling the oil level is worse than underfilling as the oil pressure gets high. It's not hard to read the oil level if you do it right. First make sure the boat is on the trailer and the ENGINE is level (use a small level on top of the engine to confirm). With the engine off, pull the dipstick and wipe it clean with a clean cloth/rag. Insert the dipstick fully and pull it back out to read the level. Make sure you're in good lighting, the dipstick is horizontal and you'll clearly see where the oil level is sitting. You can use a white rag to hold the dipstick to help with contrast. Make sure the level is between the two dimples on the dipstick - I like to keep it about 3/4 of the way up so it's not quite at the full mark.

Back