• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 Scarab with wake package

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I've got a 2018 Scarab 195 with the wake package added from the factory. I've been trying for the past few weeks to get it set up to give the nice clean waves you see on the videos, but it seems I always have white water curling the wave. Anyone have any ideas on how to set it up for a cleaner wave, or if you've added aftermarket ballast to the boat??

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your going to need ballast......

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Dumb question. I thought Wake Package means ballast? Have a 215 Wake with ballasts

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the op is talking about the surf plate that gets bolted to the back

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I should have been more clear. The 2018 wake package comes with 3 Fatsac bags. 1 in the ski locker and 1 each in the rear port and starboard under seat storage units. It does not have the plates in the surf plate.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
do you have the option to add the Scarab surf system? If not then you're going to have to make a gradual turn to the Surfside to clean up the wake

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
do you have the option to add the Scarab surf system? If not then you're going to have to make a gradual turn to the Surfside to clean up the wake
I’m not sure if I can add the surf system, I’ll have to check with the dealer. Does it make a big difference?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I personally don't have any experience with the Scarab system but it's similar to the Yamaha system and it does decent