• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195S Depth Reading Incorrect Depth

C_4E

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Anyone have any issues with the depth reading being incorrect on the 195S? I was out this weekend and it was showing depths of 100’+. Every once in a while it would flip to the correct depth for 10-15 mins, then go back to the incorrect depth reading.

mpecoraro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Anyone have any issues with the depth reading being incorrect on the 195S? I was out this weekend and it was showing depths of 100’+. Every once in a while it would flip to the correct depth for 10-15 mins, then go back to the incorrect depth reading.
@C_4E I may be seeing the same issue on my 2021 195S. I often boat the Lower Niagara River in NY and occassionally see depth readings of 100'+. I never gave it much thought...other than damn I didn't know the river was that deep. Your message got me thinking. I reviewed the depths of the Lower Niagara, https://charts.noaa.gov/BookletChart/14816_BookletChart.pdf. While there are a few 100'+ areas, most of the river is <100'. I will monitor it more closely the next time we are out and get back to you.

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got an AR190. 90% of the time the depth finder is spot on. About 10% of the time I get a crazy 100+ foot reading or nothing at all and it just flashes.

Scottycamby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m having the same issue in my 21 sx190

toddaltpeter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you plugging a phone into the usb jack? I noticed that when I plugged my phone in yesterday the depth finder was acting wacky. When I unplugged it it started acting normal again. Not sure if it was coincidence or it it was causing some kind of interference.

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also '21 SX190... When I see those silly 100+ ft depth indications, it's briefly, and when starting to back away from a dock area. I chalk it up to the transducer dealing with bubbles or other turbulence. If you're seeing it other times and particularly if it's flashing, you could have a faulty transducer and/or mounting.

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I had that happen when we were in FL on the Banana River of all places. It can get crazy shallow in a hurry out there if you get out of the channel in some spots. Turned the boat off then back on again and it seemed to stop.