• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195S electrical/mechanical issue

stoneclan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello all, looking for any advice on a current issue I’m having with my 195S. Day 3 of 5 of family lake vacation started having a performance issue. After wakeboarding attempted to run boat wide open, got to approx 5500-5600 rpms and would go not faster than 25-28 mph. Didn’t receive any alarms, warning messages, or beeps of any kind. Inspected jet pump for any obstructions via the clean out port found nothing, pulled boat out of the water to make sure and clean as a whistle. Inspected the prop and there was no visible damage. The boat has 17 hrs on it, 10 hr maint completed as required. Verified oil level, checked engine bay for anything obvious Ran boat with engine hatch open and saw no obvious issues. Boat accelerates up to 5500/5600 rpms with no issues, it will briefly get to 5800/5900 rpms but then throttles back down to ~5500. I tried searching for “safe mode” issues but couldn’t find anything related. I’m sure I’ve left out some information, familiar with PWC’s and jet boats for over 20 hrs appreciate any input. Yes contacted dealer that’s 4 hrs away they said bring it will try to fit you in, we’re backed up 4+ weeks no promises.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Disconnect from battery for a day, see if a longer reset helps. I would also make sure your throttle cable isn't binding somehow?

stoneclan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Disconnect from battery for a day, see if a longer reset helps. I would also make sure your throttle cable isn't binding somehow?
I did try a battery disconnect for about an hour, but will give this a try. Will Inspect throttle cable for issues. Thx

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there any chance you heavily saturated your air filter with oil?

Sebastian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any water collecting in the clean out port? How does the seal look like?
Not sure if that could lead to this issue, but if it's not seated, you won't get over 5 or 10 mph.
Cleaning that out and putting some grease on it can't hurt

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Did you check the spark plugs? Maybe it’s running on only 3 cylinders.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the jet nozzle cover going all the way up when you engage the throttle?

stoneclan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any water collecting in the clean out port? How does the seal look like?
Not sure if that could lead to this issue, but if it's not seated, you won't get over 5 or 10 mph.
Cleaning that out and putting some grease on it can't hurt
It could use some grease for sure, but the issue started after 2 days of use and the plug had never been removed prior to that time. There always seems to be some amount of water down in the tube assumed was from drainage or accumulated during normal use. The boat accelerates normally up to 25-28 (approx 5500/5600 rpm) mpg, that’s where it stops.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Might be supercharger issue. Check hose connecting supercharger to intercooler

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you run it on the hose, can you blip the throttle to max?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'd say you have a very small piece of wood wedged in the pump. Take a flashlight and mirror and inspect it very carefully from both sides. Most likely it's on the intake side.