• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195s fender locations?

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi, I am pretty new to this kind of boat and am struggling with a good setup for fenders. There is no good spot that I can find near the bow to hang one and the front of my boat keeps wanting to hit the dock. Any help would be greatly appreciated15920920351958668344436052933686.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm stumped.

Of course, you could install a grab rail on the front and then hang it there. But something tells me that was not the answer you sought...

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yeah, definitely not looking to put on a grab rail. Seems like yamaha would have done something near the bottom of the windshield. That would me the ideal area imo.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And I assume that the forward cleat is too far forward?

You could do a horizontal fender and run it from the mid cleat to the front cleat.

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yeah the front is way too far forward. You might be on to something. I could span the two cleats and hang the fender vertically in the middle. I'm going to try that right now!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We use two 6.5" x 22" fenders. We hang a fender off the windshield, but I don't have a cover so I'm not positive it would work with one. I use Quick Cleats right behind the back seat for the back fender. Additionally we added a cleat for dock lines just in front of the windshield right where the boat begins to narrow (just about where your fender is above). As you can see, we didn't feel the boat had adequate docking options from the factory.

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We use two 6.5" x 22" fenders. We hang a fender off the windshield, but I don't have a cover so I'm not positive it would work with one. I use Quick Cleats right behind the back seat for the back fender. Additionally we added a cleat for dock lines just in front of the windshield right where the boat begins to narrow (just about where your fender is above). As you can see, we didn't feel the boat had adequate docking options from the factory.
I might have to look into this adding a cleat idea!

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, looking at your picture you might want to shorten your rear dock line. By keeping the rear close to the dock, the boat will hit the middle fender but the front will not be able to swing toward the dock.

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Also, looking at your picture you might want to shorten your rear dock line. By keeping the rear close to the dock, the boat will hit the middle fender but the front will not be able to swing toward the dock.
I had the lines tighter, but the wake boats send such a huge wake at the dock that it was really jerking allot. The bow would dip then raise and wham! I put a bungee line on the front to stop the madness! My pontoon is on the other side with bungees on it for the same reason.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Had pontoons on both sides of me today, babz balls kept plenty of distance between then two. I also use them at dock. They work incredibly well to be honest

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How you tie your boat makes a big difference. Granted, a fender cleat just forward of the windshield would be ideal.

Have you tried tying the boat with 2 spring lines and 2 breast lines at 90 degrees to the dock? With this setup, the stern breast line guarantees the bow can't get close to the dock.

unnamed.png

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks guys. The babz balls look sweet! I will have to try them when back in stock. When I had the boat tied more like the picture illustrated above it was crushing the forward fender and really jerking on the dock and the boat. The wakes are just too big at the dock. That is why I switched to bungee lines and added the third fender after the idea I got from here. The good thing is I will have my boat lift in a week or two and this will not be such an issue any more. I'm super happy to be a part of this group, you guys are very helpful.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ok, so, when I docked today I had a 15-20kts quartering wind pushing the boat onto the dock. Only needed 1 spring line and the 2 breast lines. That being said, I wouldn't leave it that way overnight.

Here's what I'm doing about it.

Nautique sells removable pins and self sealing receivers.

Not cheap, but less expensive than a gel coat repair!

160024-1-3.jpg 160023-1-2.jpg

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes, our 19' have no good fender placement on them. I installed a set of PhenderPro's on mine. One just in front of the tower and the other just in front of the windshield on both sides. I also use huge Taylor Made fenders on mine. At first I thought they might be overkill, but last weekend when I was tied up the boat was only a few inches from the dock. Glad I went big. Here are some photos of the PhenderPro's installed. Also, in these locations I could access the back side to mount them. I did have to take off the insert on the Starboard side behide the captains chair to get to that one but it was easy.
PhenderPro1.jpeg
PhenderPro2.jpeg
FnederPro3.jpeg

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes, our 19' have no good fender placement on them. I installed a set of PhenderPro's on mine. One just in front of the tower and the other just in front of the windshield on both sides. I also use huge Taylor Made fenders on mine. At first I thought they might be overkill, but last weekend when I was tied up the boat was only a few inches from the dock. Glad I went big. Here are some photos of the PhenderPro's installed. Also, in these locations I could access the back side to mount them. I did have to take off the insert on the Starboard side behide the captains chair to get to that one but it was easy.
View attachment 122706
View attachment 122705
View attachment 122704
Those are sick for sure. Thank you!

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
How you tie your boat makes a big difference. Granted, a fender cleat just forward of the windshield would be ideal.

Have you tried tying the boat with 2 spring lines and 2 breast lines at 90 degrees to the dock? With this setup, the stern breast line guarantees the bow can't get close to the dock.

View attachment 122581
I turned my boat around, then added a spring line. Left the bungee on the bow. Works way better now! Thank you for the advice . got some bigger fenders ordered, and will get phender pro mounts soon.0619202055_HDR.jpg

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So, that worked until the surf boats came... Now I did this unless loading and unloading0726201144b.jpg