• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195s fender locations?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, definitely not looking to put on a grab rail. Seems like yamaha would have done something near the bottom of the windshield. That would me the ideal area imo.
I’m using suction cup fender hangers , they work well in the front corner of the windshield for me when docking for a little while. Anything longer I use fender tender II over the windshield. Maybe phender pro eventually

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Cainon01

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’m using suction cup fender hangers , they work well in the front corner of the windshield for me when docking for a little while. Anything longer I use fender tender II over the windshield. Maybe phender pro eventually
I did add a fender pro by the windshield. Love it. Forgot to get a picture to put on here.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I generally loop a bumper around the grab rail and then tie it off to the cleat. This way the bumper is as far back as possible.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You got a cheap ass pontoon to solve the problem?!? Of all the stupid...

oh, wait. You mean the lift. I see it now. Nevermind.

Nice lift!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We found the same problem with our boat, the bow cleat is too far forward for a fender. So we just use a Danik hook to clip it to the handrail and we're golden.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi, I am pretty new to this kind of boat and am struggling with a good setup for fenders. There is no good spot that I can find near the bow to hang one and the front of my boat keeps wanting to hit the dock. Any help would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 122551
@Cainon01 .....agreed. We have a 2020 SX195. My only real complaint with the boat is the IMO poor placement points for fenders. We don't use the front pop-up cleat as IMO having a fender attached there is useless - unless I plan on ramming the dock at 45 degrees. Moving from Bow to Stern: My first fender is placed slightly ahead of the windshield - I use a small cleat that is for the bimini top strap. I used a thin a bungee cord to prevent shock to that cleat. If I didn't have a cleat there I would have installed a small one. The second fender is attached to the "center" OEM pop-up cleat. The third fender is attached (again with a thin bungee cord) to the second bimini pole attachment (the one closest to the stern), again if I didn't have a cleat there I would install a small one. The fourth fender is attached to the OEM pop-up stern cleat. While really low on the boat this stern fender does stop my boat from going under the dock - a reaaaly bad event in most cases. You could look at the Yamaha site for a good picture of the SX195 to see what I mean or I would be happy to take a pic and post it. This arrangement absolutely prevents damage to the boat unless I do something pathologically stupid and works great on those "corrugated" steel walls often found at gas docks). :cool: BTW If one was to install some aftermarket cleats that might necessitate a minor adjustment to the OEM"ratchet" trailering cover but would IMO be well worth it. I use Taylor made fenders (one size bigger than the salesman was going to include until I started laughing at him and the Admiral sewed some "socks" to cover them from new black towels from WalMart. West Marine sells several different kinds.

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yes, our 19' have no good fender placement on them. I installed a set of PhenderPro's on mine. One just in front of the tower and the other just in front of the windshield on both sides. I also use huge Taylor Made fenders on mine. At first I thought they might be overkill, but last weekend when I was tied up the boat was only a few inches from the dock. Glad I went big. Here are some photos of the PhenderPro's installed. Also, in these locations I could access the back side to mount them. I did have to take off the insert on the Starboard side behide the captains chair to get to that one but it was easy.
View attachment 122706
View attachment 122705
View attachment 122704
@jdkaeser .....AWESOME. I feel the need to shop!!!! :cool: