• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195S new owner

aquilotti1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
its been a week now that we bought our new 195S. I love the boat BUT there's a few things I wanted to ask on here since I'm not too familiar with jet boats, this being my first.

1. While running at higher/medium speeds the throttle if I'm not holding it forward with my hand it starts to retract on its own, is this normal or a safety feature? I tried setting the throttle in place and then setting the cruise control but once I let go of the throttle the cruise control can't sustain the speed and the boat slows down.
  2. at high/medium speeds if I let go of the steering wheel the boat starts to turn right and I'm constantly holding it with my left hand to not let it steer right? does this jet boat tend to have right turning tendency?
  3. the ski locker which is drainable doesn't fully drain and picks up a bit of water while out running on higher speeds over a longer period of time. Is this a known issue?
  4. The cooler that came with the boat came with two assembly straps to tie it down on the cooler spot behind the driver seat. sorry but how the hell do you get those straps to tie it down??? I've tried multiple ways but there's no way unless they sent me the wrong straps. is there a video that shows on how to tie it down?
  5. Is there a list on all the scheduled Maintenace checks the boat needs? the dealer wasn't too specific with it, just telling me twice a year. I'm looking for more of after how many hours I do what and so on?

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As to Number 1 - it's called throttle drop. There's several youtube videos on how to fix it. Mine had it. I fixed it using the videos.

I've had no experience with number 2.

Get a heavier cooler and you won't need straps.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
its been a week now that we bought our new 195S. I love the boat BUT there's a few things I wanted to ask on here since I'm not too familiar with jet boats, this being my first.

1. While running at higher/medium speeds the throttle if I'm not holding it forward with my hand it starts to retract on its own, is this normal or a safety feature? I tried setting the throttle in place and then setting the cruise control but once I let go of the throttle the cruise control can't sustain the speed and the boat slows down.
  2. at high/medium speeds if I let go of the steering wheel the boat starts to turn right and I'm constantly holding it with my left hand to not let it steer right? does this jet boat tend to have right turning tendency?
  3. the ski locker which is drainable doesn't fully drain and picks up a bit of water while out running on higher speeds over a longer period of time. Is this a known issue?
  4. The cooler that came with the boat came with two assembly straps to tie it down on the cooler spot behind the driver seat. sorry but how the hell do you get those straps to tie it down??? I've tried multiple ways but there's no way unless they sent me the wrong straps. is there a video that shows on how to tie it down?
  5. Is there a list on all the scheduled Maintenace checks the boat needs? the dealer wasn't too specific with it, just telling me twice a year. I'm looking for more of after how many hours I do what and so on?
If your boat is turning to the right, you can adjust the steering linkage to help trim it out. I have a twin 240 and mine pulls to the left at higher speeds.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Throttle issue;
carefully pop the little plastic cover off the front of the throttle quadrant.
Tightened the screw.
prolly gonna have to do this a couple of times till you get it where you want it.
Too tight is bad.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a list on all the scheduled Maintenace checks the boat needs? the dealer wasn't too specific with it, just telling me twice a year. I'm looking for more of after how many hours I do what and so on?
Congrats on the new boat and getting it out! As for the maintenance, in your owners manual, there should be a section that pertains to maintenance. If you don’t have an owners manual, and its not available online, you can probably look back a few years, as the 1.8L SVHO engine has been around for awhile.

I believe the general concessions is, 10 hour break in service, then oil/filter change at 50hrs (or annually), and then the interval is every 100hrs/12 months. Many change their spark plugs annually as well, some go every other year. There are some inspection points, and cables/pivot points to grease as well, confirmation of functioning bilge/lights. Please don’t take this is “that’s all”, as I’ve never had the SVHO motor, and there are more details in the owners manual/service manual. Most of the maintenance can be done in your driveway/garage.

As for your comment on the boat pulling, the other thing to ask/consider is where you the only passenger, and could it have been pulling due to more weight being on one side vs the other? Just pointing that out before you adjust the steering nozzle (which is a couple of minute exercise).

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
this will be our 4th season and still can't figure out #3. For #5 see attached.

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
this will be our 4th season and still can't figure out #3. For #5 see attached.
#3 - there is a plug in your ski locker that communicates to the gas tank space which communicates to another in the engine compartment. Be sure those are both open. The hull sits low in that area, sometimes you need to let it drain on a slope to get all the water out.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
#3 - there is a plug in your ski locker that communicates to the gas tank space which communicates to another in the engine compartment. Be sure those are both open. The hull sits low in that area, sometimes you need to let it drain on a slope to get all the water out.
Actually. the boat didn't come with either of those plugs. I put in the riser from JBP and I have checked/tightened the rub rail screws. I guess my next option is pull the maintenance access cover and reseal it. I also hit 100 hours yesterday, so have plenty of things to do.