• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1977 CV23

75kona

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Howdy all,

I'm sure this will be my first and more than likely only post that will have anything to really contribute. I don't have a Yamaha, or even a newer jet boat for that matter. And the Glastron section and classic jet boat section seem rather bleak. I am the third owner of this 1977 CV23. Just wanted to introduce myself. If anyone from the PNW has any get togethers Id love to find some like minded folks that don't mind a 40+ year old boat to join them.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, I love the style of the older glastrons, I hope you'll share some of your experiences with us and hopefully bring some activity to the "classics" section,

Is this your first boat?
What engine do you have in it?
Did you know the previous owner or any maintenance history of the boat?

75kona

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a 1975 Kona Makai several years ago with a 455 olds. Sold it because it was not versatile at all. I am very partial to the older fiberglass boats and I knew my next boat was going to be more family friendly. Cuddy, swim deck, place to lay out, more seating. I bought this boat from the second owner who bought it from his friend. I have all the maintenance records since it was new and manuals. It is even sporting its original trailer, that needs fender work. It has the factory 460 in it which runs great.

Attachments

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow! That boat looks like it could be brand new!

I especially love the fur ceiling in the cabin :)

75kona

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The interior has been well taken care of that's for sure. not a rip or tear in the seats, I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it. The bow on the other hand needs some serious attention in the buffing and polishing department. I'm not sure if its able to be brought back or not at this point.

Last edited: