• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1993 Searayder sportjet 90- FLYWHEEL

Teeko

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought the flywheel from "PartsVu" out of Florida as shown in photo above ($550). When removing the flywheel take note of what color Stator (Red or Black) you have underneath as this will dictate parts. Read the whole thread & any links & you will get the jist of what took place. Most threads are problem specific or will help give an understanding of problem. I am NOT a mechanic & did not do the work. But I am mechanically inclined & understood the threads & discussions for the most part. This greatly assisted me in obtaining the correct parts. My mechanic was doing this as a side job & tasked me to obtain parts. After flywheel was installed, I still had to spark, so mechanic had me purchase an "electronic switch box" ($250-CDI brand from PartsVu). After installing that , he water tested it & said it was running terrific! I was going to test last week myself but need to re-wire all trailer lights first. UGH! Good Luck.
Thanks. Any pointers on removing the flywheel? I used a puller and it already pulled one of the 3 bolts from the flywheel. Either I have to retap the holes oversize or try a 3 jaw puller.

Jetboat Jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry - I am not a mechanic & did not perform the work.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks. Any pointers on removing the flywheel? I used a puller and it already pulled one of the 3 bolts from the flywheel. Either I have to retap the holes oversize or try a 3 jaw puller.
Heat, penetrating oil and the biggest impact gun you have.

Teeko

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Flywheel came off easily with a 3 jaw puller. 4 of 6 magnets are loose but I believe I caught it just as it happened. There looks to be no damage to the stator. I have the "black" stator. Any ideas if your flywheel you got would work on a black stator? Just trying to make sure before I pull the trigger

Teeko

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
so I had the same issue with magnets coming loose. I went to a local boat mechanic and he had a force flywheel with the same casting number except it was for a 2 cyl. I heated the outside of the casting up with a standard propane torch and was able to easily break the adhesive free. After harvesting the magnets from the donor flywheel, i used 2 part epoxy to glue them onto the original.
The boat has other issues preventing it from working correctly but the flywheel repair DID work and the motor ran today. I spend 100 bucks on the used flywheel, just to get the magnets off of it. That's 100 CAD. I sourced out 650USD for new, 375USD used or 960CAD new. Not bad. IMG-20200811-WA0004.jpegIMG-20200814-WA0004.jpegIMG-20200818-WA0000.jpegIMG-20200822-WA0003.jpeg20200822_144723.jpg

Flwest05

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sea Pro
Year
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Is it possible to mix up the polarity of the magnets?
I had same problem. I glued the loose magnets back on, but now it won't run, it just pops a little. Like a weak spark.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Rush
Boat Length
NA
Does anyone know the measurements of the spacing between the magnets on a 94 force mercury sports jet boat